Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unpaid water lien on property taxes

tag
seanf12
New Contributor

Unpaid water lien on property taxes

Unpaid Water bill lien
My apologies if I am in the wrong forum, but I just received a notice from my mortgage lender that they paid a deliquent water bill, for which a lien had been placed on the property tax bill (i.e added to my property tax bill) Does anyone know if this will affect our credit scores and\or get reported to the credit bureaus? I don't see it on there just yet but I just got the notice yesterday

Thanks!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: Unpaid water lien on property taxes

As far as I know, it does not get reported to the CB by the water company.   However, if the mortgage company gets testy with you for not immediately paying them back, it may show up as a "late" on your CR.  (It being a late becuase you had to pay the mortgage AND the water bill.)   

You might see an increase in your required escrow amount becuse of the mortgage company paying the water bill.

And in the future, the water company might start reporting you as late.   But like I said, as of now, as far as I know, it doesn't happen.

Message 2 of 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Unpaid water lien on property taxes

@IOBA wrote:

As far as I know, it does not get reported to the CB by the water company.   However, if the mortgage company gets testy with you for not immediately paying them back, it may show up as a "late" on your CR.  (It being a late becuase you had to pay the mortgage AND the water bill.)   

You might see an increase in your required escrow amount becuse of the mortgage company paying the water bill.

And in the future, the water company might start reporting you as late.   But like I said, as of now, as far as I know, it doesn't happen.

+1.  I'm guessing that your mortgage lender is already adjusting your escrow to take this into account.   Have they sent you a bill yet or are they going to increase and use your escrow funds ?

You aren't late with your mortgage company, so I don't see them reporting it.    Also, assuming that your water company has their money, they won't report you either, so hopefully you are going to be ok now.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.