cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used the AZEO, scores went way up but the older EX model...

tag
DollyLama
Established Contributor

Re: Used the AZEO, scores went way up but the older EX model...

I'm thinking OP went AZEO but the one was 90-100% utilization, and most likely the highest credit line. Otherwise the zero balance cards with a decent LOC would have offset the "utilization going way down". 

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

It'll be interesting to see if our OP can clarify what happened.  If you are right, then it just shows that we need to do a better job at communicating to newcomers the best priorities in terms of CC paydown.

AZEO as a strategy supposed to be All Zero Except One with a small balance of the remaining card.  If a person can't implement that in entirety (can't afford to pay off almost all his debt) then he needs a different strategy, typically to get all cards under 87%, then all cards under 67%, then all cards under 48%, then he can start creating zero balances if he likes.

Certainly going to All Zero Except One with a revolving account at > 90% is a bad move.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid ALL cards/lines to zero except for my AMEX, that I paid down to 7% of CL. My total utilization went to 7%. I also paid off a auto loan. I have a mortgage & a signature loan. The strategy worked. I did it to further lower my utilization by applying for new credit. My total CL's before applying AZEO: 23K. The new total now: 91K. I asked for CLI's on some cards (Synchrony & Discover) which were approved. My total utilization is probably under 2% now. I just have to wait and let all lines report. I'm going to the garden and just apply for CLI's (with the exception of NFCU). My EX is a little wrecked right now. I'll freeze it. I guess I was excited to see how this really works! I hope this clarifies things. Arizona uses EX more than anyone, that's why I'll be more strategic in the future. Again, thanks for all the help given here!
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.