Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utilization percentage points where I can expect score increase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Utilization percentage points where I can expect score increase

I know I have seen this on here numerous times but now that I really need it, I can't seem to find it. 
What are the utilization percentage thresholds where the score will change and by how many points. I feel like there is a better way to ask this question but that's the only way I can think of to word it. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Utilization percentage points where I can expect score increase

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I beleive the Thresholds are:

8.9%  28.9% 48.9%  88.9%

getting under 88.9% is the biggest bump from what ive read hear.  showing over 88.9% is considered "maxed out"

getting under 8.9% for individual cards and under 28.9% aggreigate seems to be the next biggest.

the post above has links that go into more depth with more accurate info

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You got them reversed, actually it’s equal to or under 9% aggregate and equal to or under 29% individual.

So, equal to or under 9% 29% 49% 69% 89% 100%. @Anonymous recently discovered that it is equal to or below the whole number. The .9 afterwards has been eliminated.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What about installment threshholds, I know less is known but someone here has to know what those breakpoints are

Message 5 of 9
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What about installment threshholds, I know less is known but someone here has to know what those breakpoints are

Posted by @Revelate  Installment tradeline utilization thread 

Message 6 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

There's a small one at what might actually be 66% and another at under 10% (might be 9% I guess someone has to retest this like Cassie did for revolving utilization).   1/3 vs. 2/3 of the total points respectively.

Unless the money is trivial it's generally not worth playing reindeer games with one's installment loans for FICO scoring purposes.  One thing on a $500 share secured loan, it's entirely different when you're staring at a $200,000 mortgage loan on your report.

        
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thank you all for the information!

Message 8 of 9
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I know I have seen this on here numerous times but now that I really need it, I can't seem to find it. 
What are the utilization percentage thresholds where the score will change and by how many points. I feel like there is a better way to ask this question but that's the only way I can think of to word it. 

1. Individual account revolving utilization
Utilization is based on reported balance, which in most but not all accounts is statement balance. The most important breakpoint is 30%. 30% or higher causes significant point loss. Optimum to keep at 28% or less to avoid rounding up.

2. Aggregate revolving utilization
Utilization is based on reported balances, which in most but not all accounts is statement balance. The most important breakpoint is 10%. Optimum to keep at 8.9% or less, but more points will be gained by keeping it as low as possible, so long as there is at least one account reporting a small balance.

3. Aggregate installment utilization
The total of all open installment loan balances divided by the total original loan amounts of those loans. A significant factor in FICO 8 and 9, less so in earlier scoring models. Most important breakpoint is 10%. Optimum to keep at 9% or less.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.