Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vantage 3 score is lower?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Vantage 3 score is lower?

My vantage 3 score is always around 60 points lower than fico. Is that typically normal? 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Vantage 3 score is lower?

Yes.

Message 2 of 9
AllZero
Mega Contributor

CreditKarma, Wallethub, or portals that use VS is an excellent free tool to monitor your credit reports. Pay no attention to the scores. The majority of the lenders base their decisions on FICO scores, reports.

Message 3 of 9
AllZero
Mega Contributor

$1 you can obtain your 3 bureau FICO 8 reports at Experian.com or creditchecktotal.com. Cancel in 7 day or less to avoid the re-occurring monthly charge.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My vantage 3.0 scores were initially lower than my fico 8's but as time has gone by.... they are now in sync.

But to answer your question, yes... very common to have differences.

Message 5 of 9
blindambition
Senior Contributor

FAKO and FICO are completely different beasts. For example; FAKO doesn't consider closed accounts in its scoring, where FICO does. All you need to remember, most lenders use a version of FICO in making decisions.

Message 6 of 9
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

It can go the other way, too. 6 months ago or so my VS3s were about 80 or so points higher than my FICOs iirc. Now they happen to be almost identical to each other. It's a very different scoring model than FICO, just like others have stated. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 7 of 9
donkort
Valued Contributor

I wish my Vantage scores counted!  I'm at 814 for 3.  811 for 4.

FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Opposite here.  Vantage scores hover around 640 and my fico scores average around 685.  🤔

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.