Did you mean: 

Was on the phone with TU and they tried to sell me their score for 30 days

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Was on the phone with TU and they tried to sell me their score for 30 days

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I do not think you can purchase your FICO at TU directly anymore, I remember reading a post the other day and I think it was confirmed that a consumer can no longer go to TU website and purchase their TU FICO. The TU website actually never sold TU FICO scores. You could get them at transunioncs.com (Note the "cs") but even that option stopped some months ago.

I am leaning towards TU trying to sell your their Vantage or Transrisk score, which is not a FICO, I believe I have read there are VERY few lenders who use the Vantage score, but FICO scores are still the most used scores by lenders. You are correct about TU selling VantageScores. The CSR was either intentionally misleading or poorly trained.

IMO, it's a good thing you did not purchase the score TU was trying to sell you, it's pretty much worthless. I agree 100%

If you want your real FICO's (TU and EQ) buy them here at myFICO.

Side note, if you want your Vantage and Transrisk scores, just sign up with CreditKarma, it's free.

Thanks MVV, that's what I was referring to, the Transunioncs.com, I forgot to put the cs on the end of it, I was reading a post a few days ago and it was actually a Mod (I can't remember who tho) confirmed that transunioncs.com no longer sells TU FICO's any longer.

I agree with the other repliers who have stated that the TU CSR was just doing their job, I don't think the CSR should have tried to push their product on you in the middle of your dispute, he/she could have waited till the end of the conversation and then tried to sell you one of their products.

But then again, I did not hear the conversation, maybe during your convo with the CSR you both started talking credit scores and that's why they tried to sell you one of their products right in the middle of your dispute conversation.

Either way, it's still a good thing you did not purchase it, it would have been a waste of money to purchase a non FICO CS.

Message 11 of 13
Duke-of-Earl
Regular Contributor

@llecs wrote:

I vote for intentional mislead.

The CSR's statement is true. MyFICO is a 3rd party. You can buy scores directly from TU. The mislead is that the score purchased directly from TU are FAKOs.

+1.  And, if TU did still provide a FICO score, then they would be a 3rd party.

Starting Score: EQ 804 - (April 2009)
Upgraded thanks to FICO Forums: EQ 813 / EX 842 / TU 823 - (FICO scores from mortgage lenders, June 2010)
Recent Scores: EQ 807 / TU 799 - (March 2012)
Goal: Survive Another Day
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 13
Duke-of-Earl
Regular Contributor

@Booner72 wrote:

It's not odd.  Every time I call one of the CRA's they try to sell me their b.s.  It isn't a FICO so don't bother.  It's their job to push their product.

Yeah, just say no.  In a perfect world, there would be a distinction between sales and customer service functions.  In a perfect world, there would be excellent customer service... 

Starting Score: EQ 804 - (April 2009)
Upgraded thanks to FICO Forums: EQ 813 / EX 842 / TU 823 - (FICO scores from mortgage lenders, June 2010)
Recent Scores: EQ 807 / TU 799 - (March 2012)
Goal: Survive Another Day
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.