cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was wondering if anyone tried EQ's $4.95 30-Day FREE Trial?

tag
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

Was wondering if anyone tried EQ's $4.95 30-Day FREE Trial?

If so, how do you like it?

Equifax FREE 30-Day Trial 

Potential Future Cards
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
donkort
Valued Contributor

Re: Was wondering if anyone tried EQ's $4.95 30-Day FREE Trial?

I don't.

It's far inferior to MyFICO, or even Credit Karma.  Their scores are not FICO scores.

FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 2 of 6
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

>>Their scores are not FICO scores.

Oh, I did not know that. Thanks for the heads up!

Potential Future Cards
Message 3 of 6
Trudy
Valued Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

EQ nor TU subscriptions provide a FICO score.  EQ is their proprietary score and TU is Vantage 3, just like the free Credit Karma and Wallet Hub. Smiley Sad

Still not sure why they wont do as EX and provide FICO scores.  They could make a killing, particularly EQ since a free EQ score is hard to come by.  There are a few credit card companies that provide a EQ score but most provide TU and EX.

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 4 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Trudy wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

EQ nor TU subscriptions provide a FICO score.  EQ is their proprietary score and TU is Vantage 3, just like the free Credit Karma and Wallet Hub. Smiley Sad

Still not sure why they wont do as EX and provide FICO scores.  They could make a killing, particularly EQ since a free EQ score is hard to come by.  There are a few credit card companies that provide a EQ score but most provide TU and EX.

I think because most of them have decided it's a niche product.

If I didn't have curiosity and interest about the algorithms I wouldn't pay for a CMS at this point, I can get what I need off CK and rationally so can the vast majority of consumers.  When it counts, which is when I'm going for a mortgage where I'm looking to have to put down thousands anyway between downpayment and closing costs, I can just pay for an instant in time score here and call it a day for three yuppie foodstamps even though it cost me less this time as I only didn't know my TU score (EX and DCU covered the other two).

We saw a lot of new stuff coming over the years but it seems to have slowed or stopped, and the expenses around pulling a FICO score are just high still.  I don't know if that's going to come down now that VS 4 is making inroads, but even then it's still a 2 horse race and generally mature markets have 3 players.  Monopoly pricing leads to a lack of innovation, and note even the upstarts like Credit Karma (maybe not so upstart anymore post acquisition) went after tax filing rather than doubling down on any credit monitoring thing.

It's solved for the 99.99% further optimizations for the .01% just don't seem to be in the cards.

        
Message 5 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

If so, how do you like it?

Equifax FREE 30-Day Trial 

I've used their monitoring service 3 times and each time cancelled in frustration. As others have pointed out it doesn't have FICO scores, but I knew that and wasn't looking for that, I was just using it to get a very complete Equifax report, with soft pulls and all. The problems are: (1) it takes a large number of clicks and a lot of wasted time to get the promised "daily update", they treat each request like a whole new purchase and (2) each of the 3 times I used it, it eventually broke down, and couldn't produce the reports. I've spent hours with their customer service department trying to get it done but they almost always failed. So you don't even get what you're supposed to get.

For me 3 times is enough. I'm not going back. And in case you haven't guessed, no I don't recommend doing business with them Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.