Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wasn't Expecting Score Increase But Definitely Will Take It

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wasn't Expecting Score Increase But Definitely Will Take It

I just saw a 2 point gain on EX F8 on the 1st, 5 point gain on EX Auto8, and 2 point gain on EX Bankcard8. AoYA just increased to 2 months and AAoA increased to 3 years 9 months. No other changes. Doesn't quite match up with OP's aging metrics, but I am thinking the point gain was due to AAoA increasing?? Thoughts?

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just saw a 2 point gain on EX F8 on the 1st, 5 point gain on EX Auto8, and 2 point gain on EX Bankcard8. AoYA just increased to 2 months and AAoA increased to 3 years 9 months. No other changes. Doesn't quite match up with OP's aging metrics, but I am thinking the point gain was due to AAoA increasing?? Thoughts?

@Anonymous you definitely need other aging metrics like age of oldest Revolver and average age of revolving accounts and Loans Metrics, but quite possibly. Anytime an aging Metric in months is divisible by 3, it is suspect. ( @Anonymous 's aging rule of 3! Smiley Wink)

Message 12 of 16
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous you definitely need other aging metrics like age of oldest Revolver and average age of revolving accounts and Loans Metrics, but quite possibly. Anytime an aging Metric in months is divisible by 3, it is suspect. ( @Anonymous 's aging rule of 3! Smiley Wink)

@Anonymous  Agree it may well have to do with AAoA hitting number divisible by 3 for @Anonymous   as AoYA hitting 2 months would seem not to have any impact.

Adds a little strength to the saying, "3's the charm". as @Anonymous  stated 3 may be the variable.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous took a look at the other metrics AoORA is 8y10mo, AAoRA is 5y1mo, AoYIA is 11mo, AoOIA is 6yr, and AAoIA is 2y5mo... So looks like the only other factor of 3 is Age of Oldest Installment Account hitting 72 months. Not sure if we there is any support for this metric being related to score boosts?

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous took a look at the other metrics AoORA is 8y10mo, AAoRA is 5y1mo, AoYIA is 11mo, AoOIA is 6yr, and AAoIA is 2y5mo... So looks like the only other factor of 3 is Age of Oldest Installment Account hitting 72 months. Not sure if we there is any support for this metric being related to score boosts?

We really don't know because hardly anyone has been tracking these. There's Oldest and Average on all aging metrics, according to FICO reason statement explanations.

So AoOOIA (Age of Oldest Open Installment Account) and AAoOIA (Average Age of Open Installment Accounts) are both looked at as part of Code 36 on Experian FICO 8: Length of time open installment loans have been established.

FICO says: "The age of your oldest open (not yet paid off) installment loan and/or the average age of your open installment loan accounts is relatively low."

And then there's a separate Code 25 that tracks all installment accounts, open and closed! Again, oldest and average.

I think your gains were due to AAoA 3yr 9mo, but that 72mo (age mod 3 = 0) AoOIA makes me wonder now.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

We really don't know because hardly anyone has been tracking these. There's Oldest and Average on all aging metrics, according to FICO reason statement explanations.

So AoOOIA (Age of Oldest Open Installment Account) and AAoOIA (Average Age of Open Installment Accounts) are both looked at as part of Code 36 on Experian FICO 8: Length of time open installment loans have been established.

FICO says: "The age of your oldest open (not yet paid off) installment loan and/or the average age of your open installment loan accounts is relatively low."

And then there's a separate Code 25 that tracks all installment accounts, open and closed! Again, oldest and average.

I think your gains were due to AAoA 3yr 9mo, but that 72mo (age mod 3 = 0) AoOIA makes me wonder now.

^^^well said. Could be either one we don't know since no one's been collecting these DPs. What we need is a thread that collects these by scorecard and then when we see the commonalities we can determine which metric it is. 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.