Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We Want to Hear About Your Alternative Data Stories

tag
BPJFICO
Administrator

We Want to Hear About Your Alternative Data Stories

Dear Forum members -

We are looking to identify a few people who have positive stories to share related to gaining access to a loan or credit card that was faciliated by the use or provision of alternative data (e.g., mobile phone, utility, cable and/or rental payment information). 

A real plus if you live in Minnesota.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

Re: We Want to Hear About Your Alternative Data Stories

My daughter had no Fico credit score but was able to obtain two prime credit cards (Discover and WF Visa) without an AU account or other outside support. She was a renter and paid utility bills - 100% on time payment history. Discover approved a credit card for her with a $1800 SL and WF with a $1200 SL on a reported annual income of $10,500 as a part time CNA.

The Discover approval letter that came with her card referenced a L2C score (672 as I recall) and it included the below distribution curve with a side note: "How your score compares to the scores of other consumers".

L2C credit score.gif

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 2 of 3
arkane
Established Contributor

Re: We Want to Hear About Your Alternative Data Stories

Doesn't really count but a DP nonetheless (hopefully Smiley Happy)

Moved to US from Canada in late 2012 with 3 years of perfect Canadian credit history but 0 US history. Filled out a "Canadian client special handling form" or something to that effect with BoA, and they were apparently able to pull my Canadian history and approve me for a $6k Cash Rewards on the spot in-branch. The only thing on my Canadian file was a Scotiabank student card with a $1k limit.

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.