Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Event (TU on CK and TU on myFICO)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird Event (TU on CK and TU on myFICO)

Today on Credit Karma, my scores showed to update (-42 points) and the only changes they showed were a collection dropping off and CAP ONE changing their name to Capital One.

Just after lunch I come back to a TU alert  from myFICO showing a score update of (+19) [pretty disappointed it wasn't more due to recent util drop from paying stuff down].  Any reason for the disparity between the two other than CK is worthless other than tracking accounts?

Also TU was the lowest score rise across the three from paying down accounts, is that normal?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Weird Event (TU on CK and TU on myFICO)

I am sure you are going to see answers like its fako, ignore ck etc.  They use vantage scores which is a different scoring system.  A few different things could be going on

The account that came off, was it a cc chg off?  If so, you may have lost some age on that account.  Vantage doesn't seem to like closed accounts.  Vantage has my age of account at 3 months, where fico has it at 2 yrs 3 monts on TU and EQ (4 yrs 6 mo on EX).  The difference is the closed accounts not factoring in.  It could have been something else entirely that you aren't seeing yet.  You could log in next week and the score is back up those same 42 points.  Personally, I don't see CK as worthless.  It was created by the 3 bureaus.  It is different and I am not convinced many lenders are using it, although CK says they are.  What I like the most is that CK doesn't give as much consideration to a paid collection.

You have a conflict in your post though.  Was it a removed collection or did you pay down/pay off some of your credit cards?  They can score differently.  An old collection dropping off may only give a few points if it was a pd collection and removed vs the account being unpaid with a balance will give a bigger point increase.

You aren't alone with TU being the lowest scores.  My DH can't get his TU score to budge and it has been 30 points lower than his other 2 scores for 6+ months.  Mine is currently about the same as EQ.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I'll try to clarify better.

The account that was removed was an unpaid medical collection($3000) from 2009 (This was the only change that showed up on CK this week) Last week CK TU jumped ~40 pts because of the balance pay down.  The collection was only on TU as well.

TU on myFICO doesn't aleart on removed collections from what I have seen, but I noticed a jump because of the paid down credit cards over the last month.  My jump on EQ was about 40 total and my jump on EX was about 45, however TU has only been 19.

Just weird to me really.

@Anonymous wrote:

I am sure you are going to see answers like its fako, ignore ck etc.  They use vantage scores which is a different scoring system.  A few different things could be going on

The account that came off, was it a cc chg off?  If so, you may have lost some age on that account.  Vantage doesn't seem to like closed accounts.  Vantage has my age of account at 3 months, where fico has it at 2 yrs 3 monts on TU and EQ (4 yrs 6 mo on EX).  The difference is the closed accounts not factoring in.  It could have been something else entirely that you aren't seeing yet.  You could log in next week and the score is back up those same 42 points.  Personally, I don't see CK as worthless.  It was created by the 3 bureaus.  It is different and I am not convinced many lenders are using it, although CK says they are.  What I like the most is that CK doesn't give as much consideration to a paid collection.

You have a conflict in your post though.  Was it a removed collection or did you pay down/pay off some of your credit cards?  They can score differently.  An old collection dropping off may only give a few points if it was a pd collection and removed vs the account being unpaid with a balance will give a bigger point increase.

You aren't alone with TU being the lowest scores.  My DH can't get his TU score to budge and it has been 30 points lower than his other 2 scores for 6+ months.  Mine is currently about the same as EQ.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

CK is worthless other than tracking accounts.

Message 4 of 6
NRB525
Super Contributor

+40 one week?

-40 the next?

Sounds like noise to me. There is probably a bunch of other detail, various negative and positive going on in OP credit file. Not yet revealed.

OP, what are your changes during 2015 here on the MyFICO monitoring?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

+40 one week?

-40 the next?

Sounds like noise to me. There is probably a bunch of other detail, various negative and positive going on in OP credit file. Not yet revealed.

OP, what are your changes during 2015 here on the MyFICO monitoring?

The only monitoring notifications I have received on MyFICO monitoring for Transunion is all Bankcard and all retail card balances have changed in 2015.  No notification of collection dropping off (from what I've read that's normal).  No TRUE negatives for more than 2 years now, but who knows if untrue things have been reported.  I've been contemplating pulling the 3 bureaus report again, but was wanting to wait until about April or May, last one was November.

No inquiries since Dec., no late payments since 2011 and 3 collections remain on all reports.  I've been trying to get ERC to do PFD for ATT bill, but no luck yet.  A medical collection, and a collection from a C/O from HSBC (got the c/o removed, but not the collection).

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.