cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well explain the 16 pt drop after going from 8% to 7%? And other factors?

tag
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Re: Well explain the 16 pt drop after going from 8% to 7%? And other factors?

This completely sheds some light on something I experienced, too! I had a Cap1 card from my ex that was showing up on EX as an AU card. I left it be for the longest time because it always showed a $0 balance with no balance or payment history. One day out of the blue the balance jumped up to like 25% util and all of the history of balance and payment magically appeard on it out of no where but my score went up about 15 points or so. I disputed the account because I did not want it actively reporting on anything. After I disputed it my score droped back down again during the couple days it was in dispute, then when it was completely removed, went back up another 13-14 points. I alwasy thought that was a weird situation, but had very limited understanding of FICO back then, as well as a lot of other things going on all over the place with my reports at the time.  

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 11 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
They are equal typically, as far as I’ve seen. I have not seen a separate or different negative reason code.

Is this penalty just for FICO 8 or also Mortgage scores?

Message 12 of 32
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
They are equal typically, as far as I’ve seen. I have not seen a separate or different negative reason code.

Is this penalty just for FICO 8 or also Mortgage scores?

Fico 8 for me and my Fico 2 for mortgage was 745 on 08/17 and today its 748....

Message 13 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I wonder if the AU at Zero penalty is entirely related to AAoA dropping temporarily - for internal scoring purposes only - due to exclusion of all AU lines.

Message 14 of 32
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I wonder if the AU at Zero penalty is entirely related to AAoA dropping temporarily - for internal scoring purposes only - due to exclusion of all AU lines.

This is along the lines of what I think also. I have no experience with AU accounts on my reports, but it would seem possible that the AU history kind of disappears when that card reports zero. AU are typically added to provide a long history of good payments. If that is removed from the report, then the cardholder is back to their personal set of cards for scoring.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 15 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is only for version 8 and forward. The mortgage scores are not affected by this irregularity. Authorized user accounts are treated like a regular account on the mortgage scores.

That’s an interesting theory Cassie but how would the penalties be the same number of points as a primary AZ penalty if so? It would vary by profile and almost never match their primary penalty. Am I missing something?
Message 16 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
This is only for version 8 and forward. The mortgage scores are not affected by this irregularity. Authorized user accounts are treated like a regular account on the mortgage scores.

That’s an interesting theory Cassie but how would the penalties be the same number of points as a primary AZ penalty if so? It would vary by profile and almost never match their primary penalty. Am I missing something?

No, you're not missing anything. I was just speculating.

Losing 15-20pts, I would expect a reason statement shift - I've always seen them at those levels.

With 1 year total credit history - the SSL, only account on file - and before my first 2 cards were showing, I had 2 negative reasons listed on all mortgage scores related to revolving credit use:

Short credit history, No recent activity on credit cards, No recent activity on revolving accounts, Seeking credit

Same set of reasons on EQ 5, TU 4, and EX 2.

Message 17 of 32
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

This completely sheds some light on something I experienced, too! I had a Cap1 card from my ex that was showing up on EX as an AU card. I left it be for the longest time because it always showed a $0 balance with no balance or payment history. One day out of the blue the balance jumped up to like 25% util and all of the history of balance and payment magically appeard on it out of no where but my score went up about 15 points or so. I disputed the account because I did not want it actively reporting on anything. After I disputed it my score droped back down again during the couple days it was in dispute, then when it was completely removed, went back up another 13-14 points. I alwasy thought that was a weird situation, but had very limited understanding of FICO back then, as well as a lot of other things going on all over the place with my reports at the time.  

I need to correct this as it made me go back and see precisely what happened. I should have actually researched the situation before posting my guess and foggy recollection of what happened, to which I apologize. The actual events were:

AU showing 0: 690

AU showing $547/$1,400: 699

AU disputed and removed: 688.

Scores are EX FICO 8.

I made a large long-winded post about the whole situation in this same subforum if you feel like reading it. I am still very curious about how this works. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 18 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

I need to correct this as it made me go back and see precisely what happened. I should have actually researched the situation before posting my guess and foggy recollection of what happened, to which I apologize. The actual events were:

Scores are EX FICO 8.

I made a large long-winded post about the whole situation in this same subforum if you feel like reading it. I am still very curious about how this works. 

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

Scores are EX FICO 8.

@Ficoproblems247 give me the link and ask whatever questions you like. it appears the final score drop was due to probably difference in ages when it was removed. But you also got a figure in when the balance went up your increasing score would've been higher had the individual utilization not been so high. 

Message 19 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No, you're not missing anything. I was just speculating.

Losing 15-20pts, I would expect a reason statement shift - I've always seen them at those levels.

With 1 year total credit history - the SSL, only account on file - and before my first 2 cards were showing, I had 2 negative reasons listed on all mortgage scores related to revolving credit use:

Short credit history, No recent activity on credit cards, No recent activity on revolving accounts, Seeking credit

Same set of reasons on EQ 5, TU 4, and EX 2.

@Anonymous I would expect them in the mortgage scores like I said they treatAU accounts like a regular accounts as far as I know.

i'm I'm thinking it's just mistriggering the AZ penalty on the authorized users in version 8 because it appears to be the same number of points. But I could be wrong we definitely don't know for sure. 

Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.