Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a con!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What a con!!

Yes as long as you have at least one account report a balance you will get your points back. Assuming no other changes of course.
Message 41 of 49
SleeplessinMA
Regular Contributor

Re: What a con!!

@yankees992012 wrote:

I seriously hope not in regards to paypal credit. My next paypal statement cuts on sept 8th. Since Sync stated "may" report to credit bureaus, it is not definitely will report or not.  Maybe we will be "grandfathered" as long we keep the account active. So far no reporting yet. 

My statement cut on Aug 23 and nothing has reported as of today.  I am hoping we'll be "grandfathered"

in as well, as long as we maintain a positive payment history.  

My Wallet

Installment Loans

Current Scores 5/05/23

Current Mortgage Scores 5/05/23

Message 42 of 49
babbles
Established Contributor

Thank you very much!  It worked very well and I climbed u...

Thank you very much!  It worked very well and I climbed up 28 points with leaving a $15 balance!  I paid the balance off now that it's reported.  My NFCU card's  statement closing date  is the 21st, should I leave a small balance there as well?   Current balance is $40 out of 30k and both cards are very active.  So again, it wasn't a con, I just didn't understand the game!  Smiley Happy  Sorry for the redudant questions.

btw, how do I unsubscribe from a particular thread?

Message 43 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thank you very much! It worked very well and I climbed u...

Good of you to recognize your mistake and congrats on the points regained. This is the best place to learn the game and learn it well.

Message 44 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thank you very much!  It worked very well and I climbed u...

babbles No, you only want to leave a balance one ONE card for maximum scoring.

If you don't have a bunch of cards, you should only leave a balance on only one. If you have many cards, you can maybe get away with having 2 or 3 balances reported, because we believe its a percentage of revolvers/account reporting a balance that is the metric. Some people believe it is a number rather than percentage.

Either way, how many cards do you have? accounts? That's why its called AZEO, the "O" meaning one. Its really just a quick way to get your max score, without having to determine number of cards, percentage , and going thru all that. Just make life easy and only have one report and you are guaranteed the best score from that metric.
Message 45 of 49
babbles
Established Contributor

Thanks! I have 4 accounts presently,  2 Installaments  & 2 credit cards; 1 with a zero balance and one with a $30 balance

Message 46 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

You for sure only want one of those cards reporting with a balance and when it makes financial sense you might wanna think about getting a couple more.
Message 47 of 49
babbles
Established Contributor

Yes I want 2 more cards, 1 from USAA and NfCU and was waiting till dec when 4-5 inquires drop off.
Message 48 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like a great plan, those are both two great institutions and great cards to have!
Message 49 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.