cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the Equifax score model used here?

tag
jandlynn
Established Member

What is the Equifax score model used here?

My Equifax score here states 686, but I was just declined a PenFed CC. They pulled EQ and reported a score of 646 and  a major deliquency.

I haven't been late on anything since June 2007, does that still count as a major delinquncy? It was a car loan that went 60 days past due. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What is the Equifax score model used here?

The EQ FICO version here is called Beacon 5.0.

Per FICO, a 60 then probably wouldn't be considered a major delinquency, but each lender has their own standards, so something from then could be weighed heavily in their eyes. They are conservative. I had FICOs in the mid-700s and they still turned me down due to having 20-25% util.

Message 2 of 5
jandlynn
Established Member

Thanks for the reply. SHoiuld I be concerned thatthere is a 40 point negative difference between what myFico reports for EQ and what PenFed reports as my EQ?

Why such a big difference? Also does Equifax use some vastly different model? My TU (Walmart & MyFico) is 709, Experian (from PSECU) is 701, what's the deal with Equifax?

I just revisited another thread from here which I posted 2 full years ago and apparantly my Equifax score was also 644 then, strange coincidence?

@llecs wrote:

The EQ FICO version here is called Beacon 5.0.

Per FICO, a 60 then probably wouldn't be considered a major delinquency, but each lender has their own standards, so something from then could be weighed heavily in their eyes. They are conservative. I had FICOs in the mid-700s and they still turned me down due to having 20-25% util.

Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I wouldn't be concerned. If both scores were pulled at the same time/day then the difference would be due to the scoring models. In all liklihood Penfed is using a CC-enhanced FICO which weighs your past CC moreso.

Message 4 of 5
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@llecs wrote:

I wouldn't be concerned. If both scores were pulled at the same time/day then the difference would be due to the scoring models. In all liklihood Penfed is using a CC-enhanced FICO which weighs your past CC moreso.

In addition, PedFed could have pulled a Beacon 9.0 score.  While not as common as the Beacon 5.0, there are lenders who do pull it.  And the differerences can be significant, both plus AND minus. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.