Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best simulator?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the best simulator?

What is the best (or at least, least bad) simulator?

I used a simulator recently and it said if I get a mortgage my score will drop 60 points...I'm pretty sure that isn't accurate.  Any good ones out there?

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is the best simulator?

Chase and Credit Karma have simulators that can give you "fair" ball park numbers.
Message 2 of 12
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

The best simulators are the members here on the forum. Simulators are useless. Post all your stats (scores,accounts,ect) over at the mortgage section and the experts there can help ya out.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree 100% with the post above.  Take any 5 well-versed members of this forum and get their opinions and those opinions will make any simulator go cry in the corner.

Keep in mind that no simulator takes into consideration your actual profile data and it's profile data that's used to generate a score.  How can any simulator be trusted to give a prediction on your score change when it's not even using your CR data the way a scoring algorithm would? 

At least when you ask the members of this forum, they'll ask for your profile data and consider it in a way as close to how they feel an algorithm would and many times provide you with a pretty darn solid estimate.

Message 4 of 12
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What is the best (or at least, least bad) simulator?

I used a simulator recently and it said if I get a mortgage my score will drop 60 points...I'm pretty sure that isn't accurate.  Any good ones out there?

What is your score? Where is that score from?

Which simulator did you look at?

It is unlikely a mortgage would be that bad of an effect, because it is a different type of credit from revolving credit cards. In any event, the purpose of a mortgage is to buy a place to live, so the intent is to get an optimized score going in to the app, to get the mortgage, not to worry about what your score does after the mortgage begins to report.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 5 of 12
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Welcome to My Fico..    000welcome17.gif

No simulator is very accurate, just too many variables..

But here's a link to the best one I've found: 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/bd-p/ficoscoring

aaa wink & grin.gif

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was a vantage 3.0 from TU (on creditwise from captial one) that had my score like that...those always have my score lower.

3 mortgage are:  694, 705, 715

Then the non Fico is 631...Fico 8s are 664-691 (so my mortgage scores are actually a little higher).

Vantage 3.0 is 631

I tried plugging in different numbers for the mortgages...100k up to 400k I think...and it might have changed one point...

I have around 12,500 in cc debt, nothing else.  No lates or anything derogatory (except too many inquiries from around 6 months ago)

When i do the calculator with a mortgage while still having my cc debt it goes down 23 points.  When I do the calculator with my cc debt paid off and the mortgage it goes down 96 points....

Doesn't make any sense to me.  

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup, doesn't make sense because simulators are trash, period end of story!

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even the simulator on myFICO is worthless. That should tell you how worthless they really are. 

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have an AMEX, and if so have you tried the simultulator on your profile on their? Im curious how it compares to others you have tried, as i use it alot, and have found it to be somewhat accurate within a few points.  I put it to the test a few months ago, i simulated paying off a card, then did it, and it was only off by 3 points (simulated a 712 and i actually went to 709).

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.