Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's with these 30 point swings?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's with these 30 point swings?

I am baffled. My TU FICO8 as reported on this web site seems to be swinging +/- up to 30 points on a daily basis. There are no changes to my TU file being reported, just showing the +/- up to 30 points. Last week it was +28 on Tues, -23 on Weds, +24 on Thursday and -31 on Friday. I don't mind 2 or 3 points, but 30 at a time? MY score remains in the 756 to 766 range except for the swings downward, which brings it to the 735-740 range.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What's with these 30 point swings?

My EQ dropped 34 points last week with no reported changes to my file. Who knows...

Message 2 of 5
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

Who knows???? I thought the whole point of this was stability and reliability. Why would I want to rely on this for lending if it is jumping around without reason?

EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 3 of 5
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@KeithW wrote:

Who knows???? I thought the whole point of this was stability and reliability. Why would I want to rely on this for lending if it is jumping around without reason?

There is a reason, we just dont know what the reason is atm.

One thing you can do is call the CRAs and let them know about your fluxuations occuring without any observable trigger.  Depenging on the rep you get, you might figure it out.

There is always a reason, even if its a computer glitch, there is always a reason.

Also try posting more details of your files here so the gurus who haunt these halls can help you better. Alot of times, its just accounts aging or dropping off reports that make it hard to identify. Balance changes can also be a FICO trigger.  Look there also

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just because there are no changes to your credit report being reported (alerts?) doesn't mean that things aren't changing.  If scores are changing, it means profile data is changing, as scores are generated only based on profile data.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.