cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the? Equifax is showing I have a score, the other places are not.

tag
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

What the? Equifax is showing I have a score, the other places are not.

I signed up for free trials with all 3 bureaus.

TU and EXP show no score, and there isn't one, due to no TL in the past (at least a year).

But....the free trial with Equifax is showing a score in the 600s for all 3 places.

Farm and Fleet $3,000 (AU) Paypal Extras MC $1,500
Barclay's Apple Visa $1,200 QVC Qcard $800
Amazon Store Card $600 Discover $500
Walmart MC $400 Victoria's Secret $350
Credit One $300 Fingerhut $200
TU Fico 626

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

Re: What the? Equifax is showing I have a score, the other places are not.

Equifax:

TU:

EX:

Farm and Fleet $3,000 (AU) Paypal Extras MC $1,500
Barclay's Apple Visa $1,200 QVC Qcard $800
Amazon Store Card $600 Discover $500
Walmart MC $400 Victoria's Secret $350
Credit One $300 Fingerhut $200
TU Fico 626

Message 2 of 6
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

These credit scores art created by different algorithms. Each one has their own criteria for even generating a credit score. If they generate a score they may, or may not, be similar to other scores. When there is limited information scores become unreliable. At some point they just won;t generate a score rather than generate an unrelaible score.

No scores are absolute and all scores that are not "FICO" scores are unlikely to be the scores used in a credit decision. Even  then FICO scores are only part of credit decisions which use modified, or internal, scores based on other factors from an application.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Ditto to the above.

None of those scores are FICO scores. Those are a FAKO called an "Equifax Credit Score". Similarly, the score from Experian is also a FAKO called a PLUS score (or VantageScore depending on the service used). Each FAKO from Equifax and Experian have different criteria by which to generate a score, different score ranges, etc. IMO, ignore them since lenders don't use them.

Message 4 of 6
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Ok, so the scores that I got from Equifax on 10/1/2013... were EQ- 639, EX- 617, and TU-583....I got a free one from TU 10/1/2013 it was 581, seemed pretty close right?

Then! today I get my free CR from EX because I was going to start the dispute process and it said my score was 549!!!! **bleep**! Where can I get a reasonably reliable score?

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The scores you get from the CRAs or other CMS are not real FICO scores.  The only place you can purchase all 3 is on myFICO.  They are all different models/versions and are calculated differently from one another.  Chances are they will vary, sometimes widely.  YMMV.

If you wanted to get just one FICO score for comparison, (it can be spendy), I would go with EQ for starters since that is what most lenders use.  There may be variances if a creditor uses an enhanced score.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.