Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What will get me from 624 to 640 - now at 630 FINAL: 653

tag
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: What will get me from 624 to 640?

SW alert - EQ back up to 632.  The two accounts added by the credit union - 200 OD Protection and 300 VISA.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 81 of 103
Booner72
Senior Contributor

I think I have too many open accounts now - Should I close any?  What does FICO think about this many accounts?  (My score did just go back up to 632, but I worry that if I need a loan in the future the bank could say NO bc of too many accounts?  I don't think EQ is factoring in the Lowe's AU card because it is in dispute.

First Premier - 400 limit - will close next week                   -Oldest account though.  2007

JCP - 1500 limit - zero balance                                              - Opened in 2008

CareCredit - 1000 Limit, zero balance                                   - Opened 8/2010

Lowes AU account - 1000 limit, just paid in full.  I don't want to be AU but I can't seem to get myself off now.   - opened last month

Fingerhut - 600 limit - Stupid and I'm just never using it again and maybe they will close me?  Or should I do it first?  - open since 2007

Credit Union Visa 300 limit - opened last month.  This is going to be my primary card once I can get the limit up.  Need 659 EQ to get limit increase.

Credit Union Overdraft Protection 200 Limit - opened last month

WALMART - 400 limit - got it for the TU score just this week and am not closing this one unless they take that score away.

Message 82 of 103
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Booner72 wrote:

I think I have too many open accounts now - Should I close any?  What does FICO think about this many accounts?  (My score did just go back up to 632, but I worry that if I need a loan in the future the bank could say NO bc of too many accounts?  I don't think EQ is factoring in the Lowe's AU card because it is in dispute.

First Premier - 400 limit - will close next week                   -Oldest account though.  2007

JCP - 1500 limit - zero balance                                              - Opened in 2008

CareCredit - 1000 Limit, zero balance                                   - Opened 8/2010

Lowes AU account - 1000 limit, just paid in full.  I don't want to be AU but I can't seem to get myself off now.   - opened last month

Fingerhut - 600 limit - Stupid and I'm just never using it again and maybe they will close me?  Or should I do it first?  - open since 2007

Credit Union Visa 300 limit - opened last month.  This is going to be my primary card once I can get the limit up.  Need 659 EQ to get limit increase.

Credit Union Overdraft Protection 200 Limit - opened last month

WALMART - 400 limit - got it for the TU score just this week and am not closing this one unless they take that score away.

I have the same number of open accounts. IMO you are just fine.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 83 of 103
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Called and closed FP today - The lady offered me a CLI and to waive annual fee - but they want 25% of the new credit limit!  Is that so ridiculous or what?

At least the $45 they credited me last week to not close went to good use - school clothes.

Happy Days closing this account.  Oh yay, the CSR told me to "spread the word to anyone rebuilding their credit that we can help them!"  It would be a hard situation before I would recommend these guys to anyone.  Their fees are a total rip off!

They better close it coded as "At consumer's Request."

Message 84 of 103
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Booner72 wrote:

Called and closed FP today - The lady offered me a CLI and to waive annual fee - but they want 25% of the new credit limit!  Is that so ridiculous or what?

At least the $45 they credited me last week to not close went to good use - school clothes.

Happy Days closing this account.  Oh yay, the CSR told me to "spread the word to anyone rebuilding their credit that we can help them!"  It would be a hard situation before I would recommend these guys to anyone.  Their fees are a total rip off!

They better close it coded as "At consumer's Request."

For scoring purposes it doesn't matter if it says this or something like "Closed by credit grantor".

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 85 of 103
Booner72
Senior Contributor

I have a serious problem with FAKO's - it's because I can't get my FICO's.  I went back to freecreditreport.com and paid a buck to see my FAKO EX score because Eliminate ID has that FAKO score in the 500's when my TU and EQ are close to the real deal.  Of Course my freecreditscore EX score was right where it should be.

Oh well, only a buck.  (664 for my future records).  I thought possibly EX was killing me for all the new accounts.  Maybe they still are.  Who knows.  I just used to rely on freecreditscore.com until I found myfico. 

Message 86 of 103
p-
Valued Contributor

@Booner72 wrote:

I have a serious problem with FAKO's - it's because I can't get my FICO's.  I went back to freecreditreport.com and paid a buck to see my FAKO EX score because Eliminate ID has that FAKO score in the 500's when my TU and EQ are close to the real deal.  Of Course my freecreditscore EX score was right where it should be.

Oh well, only a buck.  (664 for my future records).  I thought possibly EX was killing me for all the new accounts.  Maybe they still are.  Who knows.  I just used to rely on freecreditscore.com until I found myfico. 

I still say it's not the score that is so important, it's the steps you take to improve it.  No matter if you have a FICO in the 600's or a FAKO in the 500's, the actions you take are the same.  Get rid of baddies, PFD, DV, GW.  Manage utilization, and increase AAOA.  Pay on time and eliminate lates through PFD or GW.  Who cares what the score is?  Unless you have a specific offer you are trying to get, like your home loan.  I'm still using USAA's Plus score.  Nice job on teh 664, BTW.

Message 87 of 103
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Hi p.  It's hard to ignore the score when the focus of my entire life since April of this year has been getting my score up enough to get a mortgage.  I'm trying to wean myself off.  The 664 is a FAKO and last I heard my EX was even higher at 691.  Smiley Happy

Message 88 of 103
Booner72
Senior Contributor

GW Denial from Credit Associates - a local collection agency.

"I am in receipt of your letter September 1st requesting erasure of your paid accoun ts from your credit report."  (He said erasure, I didnt)

"Be advised that the credit bureau's have established erasure of paid accounts to interrupt the integrity of the report and thus have provided that such activity by information providers to be sufficient enough to terminate their contracts."

"With this in mind, along with the prejudicial issues related to such activity (huh?), we have no choice but to deny your request for erasure of the paid accounts."

I seriously doubt they will EVER let me GW these off.  Any feedback or ideas would be appreciated.   I know I will keep trying, but it seems so "final" that I don't think it will do any good and makes me feel like a jerk for even asking.

Message 89 of 103
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Booner72 wrote:

GW Denial from Credit Associates - a local collection agency.

"I am in receipt of your letter September 1st requesting erasure of your paid accoun ts from your credit report."  (He said erasure, I didnt)

"Be advised that the credit bureau's have established erasure of paid accounts to interrupt the integrity of the report and thus have provided that such activity by information providers to be sufficient enough to terminate their contracts."

"With this in mind, along with the prejudicial issues related to such activity (huh?), we have no choice but to deny your request for erasure of the paid accounts."

I seriously doubt they will EVER let me GW these off.  Any feedback or ideas would be appreciated.   I know I will keep trying, but it seems so "final" that I don't think it will do any good and makes me feel like a jerk for even asking.

Smiley Sad  Try again in 24 hours, every 24 hours until they accept Smiley Happy

Message 90 of 103
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.