Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What will get me from 624 to 640 - now at 630 FINAL: 653

tag
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: What will get me from 624 to 640 ? AT 630 WOOHOO

What do you guys think.....Would it be fair to say that my TU04 score is probably higher than my current EQ score of 630 based on historically (see below signature) that TU has been higher?

It seems they must have gave me quite a big ding 5/20/11 for too many Inquiries - but prior to that I was 11 points higher, then on 4/19/11 I was 20 points higher.  Do you think I will be able to recover those lost points enough to bypass EQ?

I just need EQ or TU to be over 640 because EX is already past that point by a lot.

Thanks for your thoughts. 

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 41 of 103
p-
Valued Contributor

@Booner72 wrote:

What do you guys think.....Would it be fair to say that my TU04 score is probably higher than my current EQ score of 630 based on historically (see below signature) that TU has been higher?

It seems they must have gave me quite a big ding 5/20/11 for too many Inquiries - but prior to that I was 11 points higher, then on 4/19/11 I was 20 points higher.  Do you think I will be able to recover those lost points enough to bypass EQ?

I just need EQ or TU to be over 640 because EX is already past that point by a lot.

Thanks for your thoughts. 

Possibly;  I can say that I have seen up to a 20 point difference in my score as utilization changes.  I'm by no means an expert, though.  Besides, I use a fako model...  With all the variables it's a gut shot anyway.  Remember, the timeline is 1. paydown, 2. statement date, 3. reporting.  So if you paid revolving balances down to have a better utilization picture then you should see an improvement, after the statements are cut and the new balances are reported.  I'm pretty sure the magic number is 9%.

If you don't have the cash to pay down to 9% but you are close, there are ways to manipulate the utilization.  By now you should have a spreadsheet showing your statement cutoff dates.  Just before the statement cutoff, take your weeks or months budgeted grocery, gas, and spending money and use it to pay off some revolving balance.  Then, use a card to make those purchases after the statement cutoff.  Your balance will show the low statement amount during the snapshot; plus you will get the added benefit of the no interest grace period, and cashback if your card offers it.

You do risk them lowering your credit limit or closing the card, and then you will be out the groceries and gas, so think carefully before doing this.  You could also ask for CLI on cards, but be careful as some will do a hard pull.

Also, the inquiries should stop affecting your score after 1 year.  Hopefully as your report improves you'll see major changes with rebucketing.  Good luck!

Message 42 of 103
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Thanks P!!

I did have the money and everything is paid off now.  I am waiting for JCP to cut the statement tonight.  Then next TUES FP will cut their statement.  EQ has been faster than TU in updating in my experience so far.  I only left 25.00 out of 1000.00 on one of four cards.  That is .025%.  I guess I could charge more and do a rapid rescore if I need to (and have the time as we wait for the short sale) and add more and see if that helps if I don't get the needed points. 

This is so close I can't even believe it.

As soon as JCP hits my EQ I will pull another SW and see where I'm at.  I'm spending way too much money on SW's!!

Message 43 of 103
p-
Valued Contributor

@Booner72 wrote:

Thanks P!!

I did have the money and everything is paid off now.  I am waiting for JCP to cut the statement tonight.  Then next TUES FP will cut their statement.  EQ has been faster than TU in updating in my experience so far.  I only left 25.00 out of 1000.00 on one of four cards.  That is .025%.  I guess I could charge more and do a rapid rescore if I need to (and have the time as we wait for the short sale) and add more and see if that helps if I don't get the needed points. 

This is so close I can't even believe it.

As soon as JCP hits my EQ I will pull another SW and see where I'm at.  I'm spending way too much money on SW's!!

Let us know how it works out; good luck!

Message 44 of 103
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Going to to the lender's office this afternoon to pull credit.  Hopefully TU is 640.  If it isn't then we are rapid rescoring which should take 5 days.  Anyone reading this: Please think a positive thought and send it my way!  Thanks everyone!!

Message 45 of 103
p-
Valued Contributor

@Booner72 wrote:

Going to to the lender's office this afternoon to pull credit.  Hopefully TU is 640.  If it isn't then we are rapid rescoring which should take 5 days.  Anyone reading this: Please think a positive thought and send it my way!  Thanks everyone!!

good luck!

Message 46 of 103
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: What will get me from 624 to 640 ? ----I DID IT!!!

FINAL SCORES PULLED TODAY:

EQ 630

EX  691

TU  653

Needless to say, We don't need to do the rapid rescore.  The only problem is the bank counter-offered our 105K with 145K.  So that battle will now ensue.  Between me and U, I won't pay a dime over 130, but don't tell them that.

Thank you MYFICO FORUM!!!  I couldn't have done it without you!

Love, Boone & Family

Message 47 of 103
MissMia75
Frequent Contributor

Wow!! You did it just like I knew you would!!!!

Yippie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Stick to your guns on this one, if you dont want to go over $130k let the realtor know that $130k is your best and highest offer. 

Congrats to youSmiley Happy

@Booner72 wrote:

EQ 630

EX  691

TU  653

Needless to say, We don't need to do the rapid rescore.  The only problem is the bank counter-offered our 105K with 145K.  So that battle will now ensue.  Between me and U, I won't pay a dime over 130, but don't tell them that.

Love, Boone & Family

Starting Score: 06/2011 505 EX 523 Lender Pulled
Current Score: 08/2011 628 EX 575 Lender Pulled
11/14/2011 TU 584

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
***Closed on my home 05/18/2012***

Message 48 of 103
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Excelent news Booner! I'm glad it worked out for you. (Score wise at least). And I agree you need to stick to your guns on price. Don't get in over your head because of a house. There will always be others.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 49 of 103
p-
Valued Contributor

@Booner72 wrote:

EQ 630

EX  691

TU  653

Love, Boone & Family

Woot!  This stuff works!

Message 50 of 103
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.