Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Does The Age of an Account Update?

tag
rbentley
Established Contributor

When Does The Age of an Account Update?

My youngest card will be one year old next month.  I am looking forward to a little bump for that event.  The card was opened on June 5, 2018 and currently shows as 11 months old on CK.  Will it up date to 1 year and a score bump occur on June 1st (that has been my understanding, but I am not sure), June 5th or not until July 1st?

3 REPLIES 3
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: When Does The Age of an Account Update?

@rbentley wrote:

My youngest card will be one year old next month.  I am looking forward to a little bump for that event.  The card was opened on June 5, 2018 and currently shows as 11 months old on CK.  Will it up date to 1 year and a score bump occur on June 1st (that has been my understanding, but I am not sure), June 5th or not until July 1st?

Your understanding is correct. It updates on the first.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@rbentley wrote:

Your understanding is correct. It updates on the first.

+1, on the first.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rbentley wrote:

My youngest card will be one year old next month.  I am looking forward to a little bump for that event. 

Your understanding is correct and that card will reach 1 year of age tomorrow.

One minor point to clarify is that AoYA refers to an account, not card.  I'm assuming that this is in fact your youngest account and that you didn't open another non-revolver (like a loan) since then. 

AoYA reaching 12 months can be good for 15-20 points in FICO scores in many cases.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.