Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When are new scores seen?

tag
paulesport
Contributor

When are new scores seen?

I recently increased my FICO scores from mid-600s to now 730-755 in the last month. Have 12x 30-60 lates from 2016 on Cap1/Barclays/Disco, opened a card debt consolidation loan 45 days ago, and leased a car May 2021. 29% UTIL. Inquiries EX: 2, EQ:3, TU:5.  

I'm curious when will my scores be seen by my cc lenders for CLI's? Tried to request CLI with Barclay a week ago and got denied with reasons of: already sufficient credit, high usage of revolving credit, and too many new accounts. It was a SP from TU of 700. So it did not look at my latest score. Been checking AmEx prequals for the pre approval message as an indicator of when my latest scores might be seen. Read that AmEx uses scores from last two months record. I'm planning to try for CLI on Cap1 and AmEx before apping for a CU and another AmEx. Wondering when I should do it.

personal
biz

Start 1/1/19
Best 11/15/21
Current rebuild

7 REPLIES 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: When are new scores seen?

Each creditor's underwriting processes determine whether they'll SP or HP and if they pull your current report and scores or use their most recent copy.  If your scores have recently improved then it might behoove you to wait another month or so before applying to allow your creditor's most recent copy of your credit profile to be updated.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@paulesport wrote:

I recently increased my FICO scores from mid-600s to now 730-755 in the last month. Have 12x 30-60 lates from 2016 on Cap1/Barclays/Disco, opened a card debt consolidation loan 45 days ago, and leased a car May 2021. 29% UTIL. Inquiries EX: 2, EQ:3, TU:5.  

I'm curious when will my scores be seen by my cc lenders for CLI's? Tried to request CLI with Barclay a week ago and got denied with reasons of: already sufficient credit, high usage of revolving credit, and too many new accounts. It was a SP from TU of 700. So it did not look at my latest score. Been checking AmEx prequals for the pre approval message as an indicator of when my latest scores might be seen. Read that AmEx uses scores from last two months record. I'm planning to try for CLI on Cap1 and AmEx before apping for a CU and another AmEx. Wondering when I should do it.

If you look up your FICO score on the Amex site, you'll find out the date when the latest soft pull was taken by Amex. (Go to Account Services > Profile > View FICO score)

I'm not familiar with whether the Capital One site provides similar information.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 8
Anonymalous
Valued Contributor

Another option is to pull your credit reports from AnnualCreditReport.com, which has the most extensive list of soft pulls, including account reviews. I know Cap1 soft pulls my credit every couple of months, and they seem to use the last report they pulled for things like CLI requests, rather than pulling a new one. So I can look at the date of the last pull, and make a guess at what they'll use for their decision.

That shouldn't apply to hard pulls, which I assume would use your current info.

Edit: Though that may not be correct. I just checked my Equifax reports since the start of the year. I've had account review soft pulls from Cap1 at least 8 times, but they only seem to show the latest soft (account review) pull. So the only reason I caught them is because I've been pulling my reports a couple times a month, and saving them. But some of the pulls are literally just a week apart, so I could have easily missed some, because I wouldn't see them if I didn't pull a report at the right moment. In fact, it looks like they consistently do one soft pull, then another 3 to 8 days later. And the time between double pulls is sometimes one month, sometimes two. Honestly, I'd like to know more about how this works.

Message 4 of 8
paulesport
Contributor

Thanks! I suspected this was the date but wasn't fully sure. Mine updated today, and immediately I started seeing pre-approved messages on my account for new cards so it's confirmed for sure. 

personal
biz

Start 1/1/19
Best 11/15/21
Current rebuild

Message 5 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@paulesport wrote:

May I ask why your at 29% util after getting a credit debt loan less than 2 months ago? Back to paying high interest again that may have led to the loan. If you cant pay it. Dont charge it. Seem too many creep right back up before a loan and then it repeats again.

Message 6 of 8
paulesport
Contributor

my cc debt was $43.4k and was only approved for a $32700 loan. Therefore the 29% UTIL. But yes, totally agree with you. And I've made the mistake of repeating the cycle already a couple of years ago. So I'm not going down that path again. 

personal
biz

Start 1/1/19
Best 11/15/21
Current rebuild

Message 7 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@paulesport wrote:

my cc debt was $43.4k and was only approved for a $32700 loan. Therefore the 29% UTIL. But yes, totally agree with you. And I've made the mistake of repeating the cycle already a couple of years ago. So I'm not going down that path again. 

👍

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.