cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When would a paid line of credit report to Equifax this month?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When would a paid line of credit report to Equifax this month?

So I am paying off a 20k line of credit tomorrow at the NC State Employees credit union. They only report to Equifax and I am needing to apply for a car loan at Wells Fargo. Now my credit score dropped from 827 to 744 when the loan hit my credit in January, so I am just needing to show it paid on my credit report for the underwriters at Wells Fargo. When do you think the would report it as paid with Equifax? Thank you 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
manyquestions
Established Contributor

Re: When would a paid line of credit report to Equifax this month?

@Anonymous wrote:

So I am paying off a 20k line of credit tomorrow at the NC State Employees credit union. They only report to Equifax and I am needing to apply for a car loan at Wells Fargo. Now my credit score dropped from 827 to 744 when the loan hit my credit in January, so I am just needing to show it paid on my credit report for the underwriters at Wells Fargo. When do you think the would report it as paid with Equifax? Thank you 

It likely reports at the same time every month. Have you noticed when it has updated on past reports? I'd call them and ask them when they report to Equifax.  My guess is it's either after the statement date or at the end of the month.  You might try asking them to report the zero balance right after the funds have cleared if that will be helpful to you. Good luck.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much..

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was approved on the spot today for a refi on my truck 39k 3.0% at BB&T. I am estatic...I love having great credit now.. 

Message 4 of 5
p-
Valued Contributor

Next time check out Penfed.  Their loan and refi rates are pretty low.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.