Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find EQ04 score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where can I find EQ04 score

I purchased my fico scores with extra scores. Don't see an 04 score on equifax. Anyone know where I can find it. I know several lenders use that score. So just curios how different from the 08 scores it can be.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where can I find EQ04 score

@Anonymous wrote:
I purchased my fico scores with extra scores. Don't see an 04 score on equifax. Anyone know where I can find it. I know several lenders use that score. So just curios how different from the 08 scores it can be.

It's there in the extra scores. This post will get moved but the score is listed there  in the additional scores. All scores listed under Equifax as 'Score 5' is from the 04 model

Message 2 of 16
taxi818
Super Contributor

Which i can't beleive my credit union is using in every aspect . For credit cards loans etc. 50 points lower than 08. i don't know why either. a scam to get higher interest rates?

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh ok. Yeah I see that one. Thanks for clarifying.
Message 4 of 16
needtodobetter
Frequent Contributor

My EQ04 is 90 points lower than my EQ08 - My CU uses it as well, as does one of my cc companies.  Such a big bummer.

05/01/15: EQ 519 TU 541 EX 506
10/28/15: EQ 637 TU 646 EX 622
First Goal Score: 600
Second Goal Score: 640
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@needtodobetter wrote:

My EQ04 is 90 points lower than my EQ08 - My CU uses it as well, as does one of my cc companies.  Such a big bummer.

Mines lower too.  Not that much tho.  Dang

Message 6 of 16
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@taxi818 wrote:

Which i can't beleive my credit union is using in every aspect . For credit cards loans etc. 50 points lower than 08. i don't know why either. a scam to get higher interest rates?

It's lender choice and until I started playing with installment loan utilization my FICO 04 scores were markedly higher than my FICO 8 ones, by nearly 30 points on TU.

Has nothing to do with trying to scam to get higher interest rates, as they can set their interest rate tiers at whatever FICO they wish: note that DCU offers best auto loan interest rates at something like 675, they could just as easily make it 740 under FICO 8 or anywhere in between.

        
Message 7 of 16
masscredit
Valued Contributor

My EQ04 scores are always higher. DCU showed that to be 712 when they posted an update the end of last month. My EQ08 score viewed here was 686. I just picked up 4 points here so it's now 690. I've never kept track of the other versions of my EQ score. Maybe I'll start doing that. The rest of my Score 5s viewed here are -

Mortgage Score 5 - 703

Auto score 5 - 716

Bank card score 5 - 718

Which of these is a match to the 04 version? If I also gained 4 points on my EQ04 then I'm guessing the Auto score (712-716)? I'll be able to match them up when my next DCU score posts the end of this month. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 8 of 16
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@masscredit wrote:

My EQ04 scores are always higher. DCU showed that to be 712 when they posted an update the end of last month. My EQ08 score viewed here was 686. I just picked up 4 points here so it's now 690. I've never kept track of the other versions of my EQ score. Maybe I'll start doing that. The rest of my Score 5s viewed here are -

Mortgage Score 5 - 703

Auto score 5 - 716

Bank card score 5 - 718

Which of these is a match to the 04 version? If I also gained 4 points on my EQ04 then I'm guessing the Auto score (712-716)? I'll be able to match them up when my next DCU score posts the end of this month. 

FICO Consumer confused the naming convention.

What they present as Mortgage Score 5 is Equifax Beacon 5.0 which is a FICO 04 model and what has been referred to for years here as EQ 04.  Not sure why FICO Consumer felt this nomenclature was good for anyone on their score reports, but that score will match DCU's identically assuming the usual caveats about reports changing and what not between pulls.

        
Message 9 of 16
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@masscredit wrote:

Mortgage Score 5 - 703

Auto score 5 - 716

Bank card score 5 - 718

FICO Consumer confused the naming convention.

What they present as Mortgage Score 5 is Equifax Beacon 5.0 which is a FICO 04 model and what has been referred to for years here as EQ 04.  Not sure why FICO Consumer felt this nomenclature was good for anyone on their score reports, but that score will match DCU's identically assuming the usual caveats about reports changing and what not between pulls.

That score here is 703. My score from DCU has been at 712 since March. It used to match what I saw here when myFICO was providing EQ04 scores. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.