Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I get real FICO scores?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where do I get real FICO scores?

Good morning,

I was shopping around for a credit monitoring service and came across True Credit monitoring, but when I do a search on credit monitoring, most people are saying to ignore the scores because they aren't accurate.  How do I find a true FICO score?  Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Where do I get real FICO scores?

For FICO EQ and TU:

www.myfico.com; click "products" (here, in other words)

For FICO EQ:

www.equifax.com

For FICO TU:

www.transunioncs.com --note the cs; the regular site sells you FAKO's.

If you're not going to go ape pulling FICO scores, which ain't cheap, I think the best deal is to buy the Suze Orman package deal here at myFICO. You pay in advance for 3 scores, and you pull whichever score you want whenever you want. The scores display for a year, unlike the straight myFICO product, where the scores vanish after 1 month or a bit longer.

So you might pull EQ and TU now and then hold off on pulling one of them again until you have done some sort of work on your credit that might create a significant change. Or if you don't care about TU (sort of the dying breed among credit bureaus except in the Upper Midwest), you could just pull EQ three times.

Another option is to get both Scorewatch, which monitors EQ only, and use Suze for TU. Scorewatch (available here and from www.equifax.com) is buggy as heck in the score monitoring department, but if you think you'll be buying lots of FICO scores while you're working on your credit, it can be a good deal, because subsequent scores after the first two are discounted.

You can't buy a FICO EX score anywhere, per their decision this past Feb 13. You can learn it by applying for a mortgage ( ! ) or by belonging to a credit union in Pennsylvania with narrow eligibilities called PSECU.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where do I get real FICO scores?

Thanks for the info.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.