Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which score is real?!

tag
egaithe
Regular Contributor

Which score is real?!

With all of the agencies and different monitoring companies, which one can I rely on to say "This is my score" and pretty much be dead on? All of this is confusing me. If I applied for a prime credit card, what are they pulling and from where? Thanks in advance.

EQ-660, TU-687, EX-646
Goal: 750s in all
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Which score is real?!

@egaithe wrote:

With all of the agencies and different monitoring companies, which one can I rely on to say "This is my score" and pretty much be dead on? All of this is confusing me. If I applied for a prime credit card, what are they pulling and from where? Thanks in advance.

Different banks use different bureaus and different FICO models, so there is no one thing you can rely on as "my score".

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 9
egaithe
Regular Contributor

This blows.  Thanks.

EQ-660, TU-687, EX-646
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If we define "real" as the score most likely to be used in credit granting decisions, it would be Fico 8. Thus if you want to settle on one as "your score" that would be it. But, as noted by SJ, there are a lot of different flavors of scores from a lot of different providers.

Message 4 of 9
egaithe
Regular Contributor

who offers that? Right now I have myfico 3B and one from Equifax.

EQ-660, TU-687, EX-646
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

MyFico 3B should give you your 3 FICO 08 scores.  Since your 3 scores come from 3 different bureaus they are likely all not the same.  So you basically have the most popular (used) version of your 3 bureau scores right there.

Message 6 of 9
Bankrupt2019
Established Contributor

they're all real! myFICO 3B gives you all of the most important ones. Including the 8, 9, auto and the older mortgage scores.

Message 7 of 9
egaithe
Regular Contributor

ok, cool. Equifax's scores are significantly lower than myfico. That really bothers me.

EQ-660, TU-687, EX-646
Message 8 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@egaithe wrote:

ok, cool. Equifax's scores are significantly lower than myfico. That really bothers me.

Depends which version you have; their Scorewatch/ScorePower products are FICO 04, the revision prior to FICO 8 and explicitly the one used in the vast majority of mortgages underwritten in the US.  (EQ Beacon 5.0).

If on the other hand you have the educational score they peddle, get rid of that product imo: you can get the report access from CK weekly for free and the score is worse than useless.

        
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.