cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Is Experian Scores Often the Highest of All Three?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why Is Experian Scores Often the Highest of All Three?

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
iced
Valued Contributor

Re: Why Is Experian Scores Often the Highest of All Three?

I do not have the same experience. Experian tends to be my lowest score (TU > EQ > EX), at least when it relates to FICO 8.

Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to ask the same question about TU...Smiley Happy From what I've observed, EX seems more responsive in that they've been quicker to raise my score as I've opened new credit and made payments. They just bumped me 7 points earlier this month apparently because my reported balances went down $26 or so from last month. I'm thinking about testing the theory by letting smaller and smaller balances report each month to see what happens. Hopefully EQ, and especially TU, will catch up.

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I happen to believe that this varies from person to person.  Perception is reality.  If one perceives something, that's the way it is [for them].  It's like that thread from a week ago or so when someone said "why does Experian get pulled the most when applying for credit" and many people replied saying that the other 2 bureaus pulled them more.  I don't think you'd really find much consistency if you polled enough people; it's likely all over the place.

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I happen to believe that this varies from person to person.  Perception is reality.  If one perceives something, that's the way it is [for them].  It's like that thread from a week ago or so when someone said "why does Experian get pulled the most when applying for credit" and many people replied saying that the other 2 bureaus pulled them more.  I don't think you'd really find much consistency if you polled enough people; it's likely all over the place.

Ha!  I was about to reply that EX is the highest because no one will ever pull them for me.  So yes, it is certainly a YMMV situation for sure!

Message 5 of 22
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

I remember a time when i didn't even have an EX score but that's all changed.

EX continues to be my strongest reporting CRA consistently without fail.

Message 6 of 22
CreditBob
Established Contributor

If I were you i would do a side by side comparison. See if anything is different such as the number of hard inquiries, if a lender reported a balance to one bureau but not the the other, check the average account age for each credit bureau that is pulled. And do all your creditors report to all three bureaus?  That is something to thing about.

Message 7 of 22
Kidcat
Established Contributor

Experian is my highest and also the one pulled by the majority of creditors in CA (as I understand).  I do find EX less sensitive to month to month changes in utilization within reason. 

Last app 09/21/2021. Gardening Goal Oct 2023
Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian is my lowest Smiley Sad Should be getting a score boost soon due to baddie removal.
Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

EX is my middle score. TU is always my highest, and I know why. They place more emphasis on oldest account and, even with a short AAoA, my oldest is over 36 years.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.