cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Oh Why Does Transunion Lag so Far Behind? And When Will It Improve?

tag
ntx
Regular Contributor

Re: Why Oh Why Does Transunion Lag so Far Behind? And When Will It Improve?

I still have 2 accounts ( CC + retail installment ) that were IIB 7 in March, 2014, that are still reporting on TU. Smiley Sad 

Those 2 accounts are no longer reporting on EX and EQ, and all other IIB accounts were recently removed from all 3 bureaus. Smiley Happy

My TU8 score is about 30 points lower than EX and EQ. I'll start writing letters in early April if they haven't dropped off by then. 

Message 11 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, I don't believe that your gripe is with TU at all.  Just because the other 2B dropped your major delinquency early isn't a knock against TU, as TU is within the 7 year stretch that reporting the delinquency is fair game.  If it was > 7 years your gripe would be with TU, but that's not the case.  I suppose it's a glass half full / glass half empty argument, but I'd say be happy that the other 2B dropped it early and not upset that TU didn't also drop it early. 

As far as the inquiries, those have nothing of course to do with TU but rather the lenders that decided to pull TU.  TU can't be faulted for that either. 

Message 12 of 36
Repairman
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

OP, I don't believe that your gripe is with TU at all.  Just because the other 2B dropped your major delinquency early isn't a knock against TU, as TU is within the 7 year stretch that reporting the delinquency is fair game.  If it was > 7 years your gripe would be with TU, but that's not the case.  I suppose it's a glass half full / glass half empty argument, but I'd say be happy that the other 2B dropped it early and not upset that TU didn't also drop it early. 

As far as the inquiries, those have nothing of course to do with TU but rather the lenders that decided to pull TU.  TU can't be faulted for that either. 

I actually don't have a gripe with anyone or anything. I asked a question as to why TU handles it differently from the others, trying to understand their process and what I can expect and when I can expect it. Also, I was curious as to what to expect regarding the inquiries. These questions stem from my TU score lagging so far behind the others. I actually got some very informative answers to my questions.

Message 13 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ntx wrote:

I still have 2 accounts ( CC + retail installment ) that were IIB 7 in March, 2014, that are still reporting on TU. Smiley Sad 

Those 2 accounts are no longer reporting on EX and EQ, and all other IIB accounts were recently removed from all 3 bureaus. Smiley Happy

My TU8 score is about 30 points lower than EX and EQ. I'll start writing letters in early April if they haven't dropped off by then. 

TU has a 6 month EE (early exclusion) offering. You could request for them to be removed already, if they are entirely derog accounts (not just a late). I would pull the TU credit report from annual credit report (free to do weekly thru 4/2021 - no scores) and see what the "estimated date of removal" is. If you are within 6 months of that date, you can request EE.

Message 14 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm glad you got informative answers to your questions and that you don't have a gripe with TU.

Message 15 of 36
ntx
Regular Contributor

Thank you @Anonymous  I will look into that. I didn't know estimated date of removal was available. Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 36
Repairman
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ntx wrote:

TU has a 6 month EE (early exclusion) offering. You could request for them to be removed already, if they are entirely derog accounts (not just a late). I would pull the TU credit report from annual credit report (free to do weekly thru 4/2021 - no scores) and see what the "estimated date of removal" is. If you are within 6 months of that date, you can request EE.

I never knew the credit report shows estimated date of removal. I never noticed that before. Where exactly does it say that?

Message 17 of 36
Repairman
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ntx wrote:

And what's the best way to request EE? By mail? Or phone? Or email? Thanks.

Message 18 of 36
ntx
Regular Contributor

I just requested online ( annualcreditreport.com ). EX wanted me to write them for my report for some reason, but EQ and TU both provided my report online and allowed me to download it also. I only cared about what TU showed at this point anyway. 

There's an "Adverse Accounts" section first, and sure enough, it's listed right there:

Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 8.42.36 PM.png

Thanks again for the suggestion @Anonymous !

Message 19 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ntx it should be off probably feb 1st!

Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.