cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Oh Why Does Transunion Lag so Far Behind? And When Will It Improve?

tag
Repairman
Established Contributor

Re: Why Oh Why Does Transunion Lag so Far Behind? And When Will It Improve?

@ntx wrote:

I just requested online ( annualcreditreport.com ). EX wanted me to write them for my report for some reason, but EQ and TU both provided my report online and allowed me to download it also. I only cared about what TU showed at this point anyway. 

There's an "Adverse Accounts" section first, and sure enough, it's listed right there:

Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 8.42.36 PM.png

Thanks again for the suggestion @Anonymous !

I don't have that at all. Mine looks completely different. Yes I have the Adverse Accounts secton but it says nothing of an Estimated Date of Removal. Could it be the type of baddie? Maybe it isn't listed for lates? Or does it only show up closer to the removal date?

Message 21 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Repairman wrote:

@ntx wrote:

I just requested online ( annualcreditreport.com ). EX wanted me to write them for my report for some reason, but EQ and TU both provided my report online and allowed me to download it also. I only cared about what TU showed at this point anyway. 

There's an "Adverse Accounts" section first, and sure enough, it's listed right there:

I don't have that at all. Mine looks completely different. Yes I have the Adverse Accounts secton but it says nothing of an Estimated Date of Removal. Could it be the type of baddie? Maybe it isn't listed for lates? Or does it only show up closer to the removal date?

It should show up no matter what if it is a baddie? Was it straight from TU or Annual Credit Report?

Are you able to share a screenshot of it? With any identifying info blocked out.

Message 22 of 36
Repairman
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Repairman wrote:

@ntx wrote:

It should show up no matter what if it is a baddie? Was it straight from TU or Annual Credit Report?

Are you able to share a screenshot of it? With any identifying info blocked out.

It's from the Annual Credit Report site.

Message 23 of 36
Repairman
Established Contributor

@Repairman wrote:

@ntx wrote:

DId that date show up on the screenshot or printed version?

Message 24 of 36
Repairman
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Repairman wrote:

Over the past couple of months, I have watched both my Experian and Equifax scores shoot up significantly, and yet my Transunion score has only gained a small few points, and actually dropped, even more. There is now, an almost 50 point difference, in the negative, between my Transunion score and the others. It's driving me crazy!

A bit of history: I had 4 baddies on my report that I have been working through over the past several years. Tonight, I pulled all 3 bureau reports and examined them and discovered that ALL of my baddies have finally fallen off of all of my reports, with the exception of 1 baddie, still present ONLY on Transunion. It is a 120 day late from April 2014, on a closed account that I paid off completely back in June of 2014. The other bureaus have removed this delinquency already, but Transunion has not.

Am I right to assume that it should be removed by April of this year? Or would it be June of this year? 

I also have 5 recent inquiries on my report from the past year, and you guessed it, 4 of the 5 ONLY appear on Transunion, the 5th one ONLY appears on Equifax and none are on Experian. So my other files are basically immaculate, but Transunion is being held down, yes by the recent inquiries, but mostly by that delinquency from 7 years ago.

Why have the other bureaus blessed me with slightly early removals but Transunion insists on lingering behind? And how long will the inquiries continue to impact my score? Will they weigh me down for a full 2 years, or will the impact lessen any sooner?

TU has dropped lates thru 3/2014. Your 4/14 late should drop next month. Of course, worst case scenario would be April, but highly unlikely. It has nothing to do with which month you paid it off.

Each bureau drops lates differently.

EX drops entire strings of lates, which is very generous, but misleading as to what the other 2 bureaus do.

EQ does it's own thing. Sometines very early, sometimes right on the dot.

A 120d late hurts the entire 7 years and can definitely cause a 50 point difference.

Around what date (beginning, mid or late month) would you expect it to drop?

Message 25 of 36
ntx
Regular Contributor

It was still there Monday morning, and it was on both the screen and the printed version. I won't be able to check again until next Monday. Maybe MyFICO monitoring will pick up a change between now and then though. 

Message 26 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ntx wrote:

It was still there Monday morning, and it was on both the screen and the printed version. I won't be able to check again until next Monday. Maybe MyFICO monitoring will pick up a change between now and then though. 

@Repairman 

I also found that you can get a free TU CR (identical to the one from ACR) every 24 hours! No scores.

You go directly to the TU Website and request your report. I don't know if this is newer or has an end date, but I have been able to get a new report every 24 hours.

I do not pay for any services from TU, so this should work for everyone.

It is this website:

Transunion CRs 

After you login, go to the menu and select "credit report". SS below. There are two different screen that pop up, depending on how I login.

One way it may show upOne way it may show upTecond way it may show upTecond way it may show up

I have not been able to go straight in from the main webpage, as it states 6 x a year you can get a free report. Use this way.

If you cant use the link:

1. Go to Transunion website.

2. Click on Menu > Credit Help > Disputes > Start Dispute

3. Login

4. Then it is the same as above - click on menu > credit report

Either method will take you here:

Screenshot_20210203-023452_Gallery.jpg

@Repairman I am going to guess the lates fall off more toward the middle of the month. I cannot say exactly which day it drops, I will be chrcking my TU reports daily to see what drops when.

Message 27 of 36
ntx
Regular Contributor

That's great info! Thank you once again @Anonymous  Smiley Happy

My two items that are scheduled to drop in Feb. are still there, but I will keep checking. 

Message 28 of 36
Repairman
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ntx wrote:

@Repairman 

I also found that you can get a free TU CR (identical to the one from ACR) every 24 hours! No scores.

You go directly to the TU Website and request your report. I don't know if this is newer or has an end date, but I have been able to get a new report every 24 hours.

It is this website:

Transunion CRs 

After you login, go to the menu and select "credit report". SS below. There are two different screen that pop up, depending on how I login.

One way it may show upOne way it may show upTecond way it may show upTecond way it may show up

I have not been able to go straight in from the main webpage, as it states 6 x a year you can get a free report. Use this way.

3. Login

@Repairman I am going to guess the lates fall off more toward the middle of the month. I cannot say exactly which day it drops, I will be chrcking my TU reports daily to see what drops when.

Thanks! I was able to check my report, even though I checked yesterday from the ACR site. I was hoping the TU site showed my expected date of removal though, and it still doesn't show, even there.

Message 29 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Repairman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ntx wrote:

@Repairman 

It is this website:

Transunion CRs 

3. Login

Thanks! I was able to check my report, even though I checked yesterday from the ACR site. I was hoping the TU site showed my expected date of removal though, and it still doesn't show, even there.

Are these just lates coming off or an entire account? If there is no "estimated date of removal", then that meams something in the reporting is making it a positive account and the whole account will not age off at 7 years. It will likely stay for 10 years after it was closed and each late will drop off individually as they each hit 7 years old.

This has happened to both me and my SO, which actually sucks.

Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.