cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why credit score is showing late pay when have none?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Established Member

Why credit score is showing late pay when have none?

My husbands 3B report for mortgage score is showing on indicators he has 60 or more late payment history being shown. However he has 0 late payments on his report and only medical collections some of which are almost 5 years old. Why is this showing late payments he has none and should we call the 2/3 bareaus which are showing this Transunion shows no late payments? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Valued Contributor

Re: Why credit score is showing late pay when have none?

Mortgage 2/4/5 reports show collections whereas 8/9 reports discount them or ignore them depending on the amount $.

go through the reports and find the lates and if they're not valid then you can dispute them off with each CRA.

500K+ TCL / 800+ FCOs
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Why credit score is showing late pay when have none?

Collection / 60+ day lates are the same reason code: serious deliquency or derogatory indicator as myFICO labels it.  Incidentally so was a tax lien when those things mattered.  The CMS interpretation of my report isn't perfect and routinely didn't get my lates vs. no lates right, the reason codes are what matters if you have a 3B report TBH.  That said, double-check the reports from the bureaus but if you don't see lates there isn't a concern.

Since took the random pic recently reusing it here.

Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 2.14.54 PM.png

        
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.