cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Equifax and Experian credit scores going up while Transunion is going down?

tag
TerminaterJohn

Why is Equifax and Experian credit scores going up while Transunion is going down?

My two scores is going up from Equifax and Experian but my Transunion score is lowering. Also Transunion is stating that my credit utilization ratio is too high when I don't even use that much of my available credit on my credit cards. Can I dispute this with MyFico? The Fico score calculated here are different than the scores calculated than at Transunion? so which scores matter and which don't? Please help thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Why is Equifax and Experian credit scores going up while Transunion is going down?

What's different between the 3 reports?

Do you have any HELOCs, LOCs, or charge cards reporting, like an Amex charge (Green, Gold, etc.)?

Message 2 of 5
mmbone4

Re: Why is Equifax and Experian credit scores going up while Transunion is going down?

That is scary...mine is doing the exact same thing. I had an EXP score of 660, EQ at 600ish and TU at 670. There are several accounts with 30 day lates, all over a year old. My CC Utilization on my 4 cards was over 90%. I just paid 3 of them off 30 days ago. EXP went to 700, EQ to 635 and TU to 665. I paid them off by getting a new CC with a $15k limit. (my previous high was $5000) and doing a BT. When the new CC hit, my EXP went to 713, EQ stayed about teh same and TU went down to 660.

I had one last CC at 100% utilization ($1000 of a $1000...actually a LOC but shows as revolving). My EXP went to 729, EQ is still at 635 and TU JUST DROPPED 30 PTS...are you kidding me.

I just compared Reports line by line. Status date by status date. I looked at INQ, everything from the previous 4 reports....NOTHING CHANGED except my over utilization went from SUPER HIGH to almost 10%. AND MY SCORE DROPPED 30 PTS...SOMETHING IS WRONG!!!!!!

Message 3 of 5
mmbone4

That is scary...mine is doing the exact same thing. I had an EXP score of 660, EQ at 600ish and TU at 670. There are several accounts with 30 day lates, all over a year old. My CC Utilization on my 4 cards was over 90%. I just paid 3 of them off 30 days ago. EXP went to 700, EQ to 635 and TU to 665. I paid them off by getting a new CC with a $15k limit. (my previous high was $5000) and doing a BT. When the new CC hit, my EXP went to 713, EQ stayed about teh same and TU went down to 660.

I had one last CC at 100% utilization ($1000 of a $1000...actually a LOC but shows as revolving). My EXP went to 729, EQ is still at 635 and TU JUST DROPPED 30 PTS...are you kidding me. I called MyFico with an explanation and no help. There is something very wrong...

I just compared Reports line by line. Status date by status date. I looked at INQ, everything from the previous 4 reports....NOTHING CHANGED except my over utilization went from SUPER HIGH to almost 10%. AND MY SCORE DROPPED 30 PTS...SOMETHING IS WRONG!!!!!!

Message 4 of 5
user5387
Valued Contributor

1.  If the scores are FAKOs, they may not be very good.

2.  If you compare two distinct FICO scoring models, they may be quite different.

3.  If your various reports have different information on them, the scores won't be comparable.

4.  If you compare scores calculated on different dates, they may vary considerably.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.