cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my EQ score so low, compared to the other two?

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Why is my EQ score so low, compared to the other two?

My EQ score has always been the lowest of the 3 for years

Same TL's never understood why.

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 18
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

In my experience, my TU has always been the highest, followed by EX. Just like you, my EQ is always 40-50 pts lower. I've pulled all 3 CR and all of them are identical, with EQ only having 1 more inq than the others. Is one inq worth 40-50 pts? It remains a mystery.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 12 of 18
HiLine
Blogger

Message 13 of 18
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

Two words: scoring model.

Well, EQ's scoring model sucks. They're screwing me, no...us sideways with that scoring model. Well, it's messed up but at least I know I'm not the only one out there with the issue, makes me not feel so isolated. It's going to take forever to get triple 700's, lol...

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 14 of 18
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Ok, so out of curiousity I decided to do the free trial scorewatch by MyFico. EQ score is 678, so it was an internal score Citi was using. Damn you Citi! Lol, I must say though it feels good to see the real deal. It's still the lowest, out of the three, as it is for most people, but it's higher than I perceived it to be.Smiley Happy

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 15 of 18
soILseminole
Contributor

mine EQ is lowest of 3 as well. Mine EQ file is "thinner" than my other two though (19 lines vs 26/27) ...maybe this is why? AAOA
Current: |MyFico TU-766| |MyFico EQ-737| |Amex EX-736| (May '13)
Message 16 of 18
HiLine
Blogger

@WarJar101 wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

Two words: scoring model.

Well, EQ's scoring model sucks. They're screwing me, no...us sideways with that scoring model. Well, it's messed up but at least I know I'm not the only one out there with the issue, makes me not feel so isolated. It's going to take forever to get triple 700's, lol...

I'm sure in other situations your FICO score based on this model will be higher than your other FICO scores Robot Happy

Message 17 of 18
vr01

My situation seems to be opposite - TU 752, EQ 813, EX 794.

There is no discernible difference between the  reports. However, TU says the I make heavy use of revolving credit and that I owe too much on a non-mortgage account. Well I have 2 credit cards - one I owe $520, and the other $9. I do have a balance of approximately $23000 on my HELOC and $23000 left on my mortgage. On the page  "Understanding Your Credit Score",  TU  counts the HELOC as revolving credit by adding the HELOC and the two credit cards to get a revolving credit balance of $23529. But on the page "Credit At-A-Glance"  revolving credit is $529 and mortgage is $46,000. Neither EQ nor EX count the HELOC as revolving credit.  Now in March of 2012, I did payoff my auto loan with the HELOC, but that was only $2300. Got the  HELOC 4 years ago to do mods and repairs to the old hacienda ( which is on going). 

By the way, my credit scores from March 2012 were TU-767, EQ- 801 and EX- 776; and I carried more debt and more accounts with balances. The additional accounts were paid in full by September of 2012.

Just seems odd that the TU score got worse.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.