cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my Experian score 74 points lower than my TU and Equifax scores?

tag
pakman92
Established Contributor

Re: Why is my Experian score 74 points lower than my TU and Equifax scores?

@CallyGal wrote:

Good Morning,

Apologizing in advance if this question has been asked previously..first time posting on here!

I have pulled my credit reports from TU  (743) and EQ (721) and having a WalMart CC have also pulled my FICO score there (684). 

Can someone tell me why the MyFICO TU score is 59 points higher than the WalMart TU score?

Are they not one in the same?

Thanks!

Calley

While they are both FICO scores, myFICO sells TU98 version of the score whereas Walmart gives you TU08 version of the score.  HOWEVER, most lenders use neither of those, they use TU04.

TU98 (myFICO) is the older version, TU04 is used most by the lenders and TU08 (Walmart) is newer version that has not been picked up quite yet.

My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Experian has always been dreadfully low compared to the others.

Message 12 of 19
CallyGal

Pakman92,

Thank you for your quick response:-)

So, the question begs an answer why wouldn't MyFICO be using the be using the TU04 version? Most of us, (I would assume) are looking to get mortgages, cars, financing..

It would tell me then the TU98 is outdated....

Do we as consumers then have access to the TU04 version? Or is this strictly available to lenders?

Have a great day!

Message 13 of 19
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

You cannot pull TU04 from anywhere unfortunately. Most of us wish myFICO would offer TU04.

Message 14 of 19
lalaliscious
New Visitor

I received a denial letter from a Credit Union and they listed the credit score listed by Experian and it's 130 points less than my TransUnion score!

Message 15 of 19
nickf4rr
Established Member

My suggestion is pulling the EX report and really going over it line by line, comparing it to your other reports.  I haven't yet gotten a FICO on my EX report, but I know my EX report has a ton of other accounts on it and all my HPs from the last 24 months.  I wouldn't doubt if my EX score was 100 points lower than my TU or EQ scores.  Even my TU and EQ FICOs are 40 points apart and the only difference is AAoA and a HP on the EQ report (even though EQ is higher with the HP...)

Since you were denied credit, you're entitled to your EX report for free--so you can compare what might be pulling down that score.  (HPs, less AAoA, etc.)

Starting Score: 621 TU
Current Score: 621 TU
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 19
sarkell
Frequent Contributor

My exp is the same way 60 points lower.   I think this is the only thing thay exp scores lates I have 4 on one account.  Much harsher than tu & eq which.  I will app amex again in 6 months probably just to see if I get another score. I also have more inqs there well see. 

Cards: CSP $5k, Capital One Cash Rewards VS $3100, Discover it $3k Capital One MasterCard $600, Orchard Bank $3k, Barclays Rewards MC $1250 Gapcard $900, BR $300, Neiman Marcus $1k, Macys $1200 Walmart $500
In the garden until I can get a BCP

Starting Score: 534
Current Score: 682 EQ SW 660 TU 636 EX 3/26/13
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 19
Mloml
New Visitor

I have purchased scores from all three bureaus here on myFICO therefore I know they are not fako but yet my experian score is 70 points lower no differing info as far as I can tell between the info they have. Please someone tell me why
Message 18 of 19
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Mloml wrote:
I have purchased scores from all three bureaus here on myFICO therefore I know they are not fako but yet my experian score is 70 points lower no differing info as far as I can tell between the info they have. Please someone tell me why

What is reporting on EQ or TU that isn't reporting on EX, or conversely, what is reporting on EX that isn't on EQ or TU?

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.