cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my score from sites diffrent from what the bank pull?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is my score from sites diffrent from what the bank pull?

I check my credit scores with the following places,

TURECERDIT

EQUIFAX

FREE CREDIT REPORT. COM

CREDIT.COM

CREDITKRAMA.COM

QUIZZLE.COM

MYFICO

All was check at the same time.

With all places my credit score was way higher with them. I try to apply for loan and the bank said my scores was way lower then what i saw, almost by 50-80 points diffrence. I said, How can that be, I check with all the websites. The loan officer, said all places I check was fake and had the wrong score.  Why is that? You mean to tell me all the websites I check is not correct? Or is this bank giving me a hard time?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Why is my score from sites diffrent from what the bank pull?

@Anonymous wrote:

I check my credit scores with the following places,

TURECERDIT

EQUIFAX

FREE CREDIT REPORT. COM

CREDIT.COM

CREDITKRAMA.COM

QUIZZLE.COM

MYFICO

All was check at the same time.

With all places my credit score was way higher with them. I try to apply for loan and the bank said my scores was way lower then what i saw, almost by 50-80 points diffrence. I said, How can that be, I check with all the websites. The loan officer, said all places I check was fake and had the wrong score.  Why is that? You mean to tell me all the websites I check is not correct? Or is this bank giving me a hard time?

The sites in red above do not sell FICO scores.  They sell different credit scores, based on similar criteria but using a different formula from the FICO score.  The scores from these site sometimes use different scales, and in general cannot be used to predict your true FICO scores.

The sites in bold blue sell FICO scores.  Your bank almost certainly uses FICO scores in making its lending decisions.

Which score(s) did you check from here?  Equifax, TransUnion, or both?

Which score(s) did your bank pull?

Message 2 of 4
Travis-84
Regular Contributor

What kind of a loan were you appling for?

Were you appling for an auto loan?  If so, do you have no previous auto loans, or bad auto loans in the past?

There is something called an Auto enhanced fico score, which can be different than your fico score.

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

What you need to understand is that there is nothing called standard credit scoring.,

While credit reporting to the credit agencies is regulated, credit scoring is not.

The only credit score that matters is the one the creditor chooses to use.

The vast majority of creditors rely on FICO scores, not necessarily because they are are the best predictors, but because of, whatever reason they choose, the scores that most creditors rely on.

There are literally dozens of sources for credit scores.  You only rely upon the one that your creditor uses.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.