Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wierd TU Issue after Sucessful Dispute

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wierd TU Issue after Sucessful Dispute

I disputed some items and all but one was removed. One of them which was a re-report/duplicate with an amount that was $1 off.

I asked them to send out a corrected copy to all those per their blurb on the back page and per federal law if I'm not mistaken.

It seemed to be a problem for the rep, the supervisor and I'm now on the phone with "Special Handling"....

They are saying that because it was an AR rather than a hard pull that they can't resend the corrected report. This is causing me some major problems since they increase my interest rate by 10 points.

BOA won't repull until September. I'm not happy. Who can I yell at? Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wierd TU Issue after Sucessful Dispute

im new to the forum i wish i would have knew about this service before forking out money to correct errors in my credit. wow great info great insight.im currently enrolled in a service that disputes errors in my credit reports and of all the agencies that ive use this one has given me the greatest satisfaction, 5 deletions to date and ive been a member since may. my current scores are not the greatest 667 ex 688 tr 608 eq . but im somewhat happy with their results. heres my question what do these agencies do that i cant do myself.how does one go about disputing errors with these agencies ive tried previously but to no avail........................ any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thx
Message 2 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

thalia wrote:
im new to the forum i wish i would have knew about this service before forking out money to correct errors in my credit. wow great info great insight.im currently enrolled in a service that disputes errors in my credit reports and of all the agencies that ive use this one has given me the greatest satisfaction, 5 deletions to date and ive been a member since may. my current scores are not the greatest 667 ex 688 tr 608 eq . but im somewhat happy with their results. heres my question what do these agencies do that i cant do myself.how does one go about disputing errors with these agencies ive tried previously but to no avail........................ any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thx

Start with the credit scoring 101 thread.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just as a For Your information its not very mannerly to take over someone elses thread.

If you have a question, there is a "post new message" at the top of the forums.

I was really hoping to get any answer to my problem and not have someone else come in with a totally new issue and one that could mostly be answered by reading the FAQ/Credit scoring thread thats in a sticky at the top of the forum..

So back to my topic (hey, its my Birthday today, so when else do you get a ME day?)

So, since by law the CRA is supposed to notify any one getting a copy of your credit report and even an AR is getting a copy of your credit report, they should have to do this right? Even if their computer systems don't allow them to, that would mean that unless they come up with a manual way to do this they are in violation of the FCRA and I can go after them?

Any of the gurus care to give an opinion?

Thanks,

Kevin
Message 4 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

KevinB wrote:
Just as a For Your information its not very mannerly to take over someone elses thread.

If you have a question, there is a "post new message" at the top of the forums.

I was really hoping to get any answer to my problem and not have someone else come in with a totally new issue and one that could mostly be answered by reading the FAQ/Credit scoring thread thats in a sticky at the top of the forum..

So back to my topic (hey, its my Birthday today, so when else do you get a ME day?)

So, since by law the CRA is supposed to notify any one getting a copy of your credit report and even an AR is getting a copy of your credit report, they should have to do this right? Even if their computer systems don't allow them to, that would mean that unless they come up with a manual way to do this they are in violation of the FCRA and I can go after them?

Any of the gurus care to give an opinion?

Thanks,

Kevin

No one member at this forum holds title to any particular thread, this is a public forum!Smiley Happy

Message Edited by fused111 on 07-27-2007 08:33 AM

Message Edited by fused111 on 07-27-2007 09:21 AM
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was talking about Thalias post. It had nothing to do with my problem and as I said could have been answered if they had read the big sticky that said "READ THIS FIRST" in bold capital letters. Cheers, Kevin
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.