Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I see the increase???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will I see the increase???

Good Morning

I’ve been working VERY hard at paying accounts. My Util is currently at 27% HOWEVER I just paid all my CC’s off. I have two cards that have a balance. 1) $18 & 2) $4. My total CL across all accounts is 7500. I also attacked a closed charged off Cap1 account. The balance is 827 i just paid $427 and the other 400 I plan to pay in two to three weeks.
After paying the first installment my total for all accounts will be $422. Will that create a score increase? And then once the 2nd payment is made will I see an additional increase?

After this is cleared up I have 5 baddies totaling $6900 I’m going to attack. I should be able to get rid of two possible 3 by the end of the year.

My goal is to get to 600 to 650 by Feb. Do you think this is possible? My current scores are

EQ - 564
TU- 569
EX - 565
2 REPLIES 2
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Will I see the increase???

The act of paying COs wont raise your scores in itself.  Once last negative is paid/settled, your scores will experience slow and gradual recovery because updates will stop. 

There should be some points gained going from 27% aggregate utilization to below 9%, and also for bringing individual utilization down below 9%. 

Message 2 of 3
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Will I see the increase???

@Anonymous wrote:
Good Morning

I’ve been working VERY hard at paying accounts. My Util is currently at 27% HOWEVER I just paid all my CC’s off. I have two cards that have a balance. 1) $18 & 2) $4. My total CL across all accounts is 7500. I also attacked a closed charged off Cap1 account. The balance is 827 i just paid $427 and the other 400 I plan to pay in two to three weeks.
After paying the first installment my total for all accounts will be $422. Will that create a score increase? And then once the 2nd payment is made will I see an additional increase?

After this is cleared up I have 5 baddies totaling $6900 I’m going to attack. I should be able to get rid of two possible 3 by the end of the year.

My goal is to get to 600 to 650 by Feb. Do you think this is possible? My current scores are

EQ - 564
TU- 569
EX - 565

Yes it's definitely possible. I like your attitude Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.