cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will closing my oldest credit card hurt my FICO before applying for other cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will closing my oldest credit card hurt my FICO before applying for other cards?

This may help you decide if attempting an in-branch pre-approval is the right strategy for you:

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-pre-approval-branch-frequently-asked-questions/

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will closing my oldest credit card hurt my FICO before applying for other cards?

I agree with the OP that closing the WF card with the AF when he doesn't even use the card is the right way to go.  Great advice from CGID regarding AZEO.  As long as you stick to that, you'll maximize your scores for utilization. 

Have you checked the Chase site for pre-qualified offers?  If you receive any there, there's a 90% chance you get approved for that product even if you're > 5/24.  Checking in branch is another great piece of advice above, as those are extremely solid offers.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.