Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will this help my score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will this help my score?

Did you know the collection was coming? Sounds like you have a lot of old issues that you are clearing up. Congrats for cleaning it up it is hard work. I noticed I did around the same thing that you did back in feb, my ex and tu has soared, however, my eq took a 25 point dive and has come back up 23 points within 45 days of the deletions.

Recently I paid some cc's down to where it was over 90% util to under 10-25% ind and 25% overall. I noticed this is the best way to see a boost in score most contributors agree. I'm still waiting for the bureaus to update only one card has updated to all bureaus. I have a baseline as of 4/28 so I will keep all updated as to those increases soon.

Good Luck and don't worry if there is a slight drop due to the lost of hx like me it will rebound as long as you get no more no no's to contend with and pay your other accounts on time every month.

Message 11 of 18
ktl55
Regular Contributor

$66.00 for a Time Warner Cable bill. We cut off the service and had a balance that got lost in the process of moving. I mailed a PFD letter to Time Warner Cable's CEO at their corp office. It was signed for 1 week ago. Waiting to here something. Crossing my fingers.
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

ktl55 , How did you get the hard inquires removed if I may ask?
Message 13 of 18
ktl55
Regular Contributor

Diamond,

With Equ  and the Hard Inquiries I just called them and said they were inacurate. They were very easy. Equ deleted them while I was on the phone, sent me an e-mail that same day and received a report in the mail 4 days later with the deleted HI. The addys and names were done the same way. Funny cause as you can see from my previous post they aren't as quick with a collection investigation.

TU - Forget about it. I called them about 10 different times hoping to speak with someone NOT in India. From what I've learned is that India and the US were trained differently and you may have a better chance of having them removed if you spoke to some in the US. I was advised to keep calling at different times of the day and hope to get a US CSR - No luck. I'm not giving up but taking a break, as TU is my best report minus the HI.

Message 14 of 18
ktl55
Regular Contributor

ladyfico,

I had no idea that the TM bill was coming. I have paid ALL my bills on time since since 2001. This was a big suprise to me.  Lucky for me NONE of my collections were credit cards. I never had on......that is until 2005. Once I got the student loan and defaulted on that, my credit has sucked since I was 25. I'm 37 now and just beginning to understand what having credit means. It only became a factor when I married someone with all 3 scores a little under 800. All of my collections were either a utility bill, dental or medical bill. VERY low amounts. I paid them in FULL and disputed them as inaccurate. The only thing I'm struggling with right now is the TM bill and that pesky $29 from Blockbuster.

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ktl55,

Wow lucky YOU. I called to dispute and they started an investigation. You must have gotten the right person on the phone that day!!
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think Equifax and FICO are the same. Equifax has me at 775 and FICO Equifax score is 718.
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you get your eq score from their site? Or through someone like truecredit or mycreditkeeper? My understanding is that you would pull the same score.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.