cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would a auto loan not reporting affect your score….

tag
RockyTop_TN
New Contributor

Would a auto loan not reporting affect your score….

Have an auto loan through Hyundai Motor Finance since September 2019.  Has always been paid on time.  I noticed Experian shows it has not been reported since June 2022.  The current balance owed is much less than stated.

Does it impact your score if they have not report 4 on time payments.  July through October 2022 have not reported.  I know Hyundai got spanked by the government for erroneous reporting this year, so you figure they'd be reporting g correctly and on time.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Would a auto loan not reporting affect your score….

@RockyTop_TN wrote:

Have an auto loan through Hyundai Motor Finance since September 2019.  Has always been paid on time.  I noticed Experian shows it has not been reported since June 2022.  The current balance owed is much less than stated.

Does it impact your score if they have not report 4 on time payments.  July through October 2022 have not reported.  I know Hyundai got spanked by the government for erroneous reporting this year, so you figure they'd be reporting g correctly and on time.

Sure it has an effect to fail to report the payments and actual current balance.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

You don't get FICO points for on-time payments so having those months marked as paid as agreed isn't hurting you, but as pointed out above if the balance isn't being updated then the higher installment loan utilization may impact your score. 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

IIRC it takes like 3 or even 4 years on ANY score (industry options) of an auto loan not having payment activity to matter.  Optimizing for the auto industry specific score (FICO AU) is a terribly bad idea anyway.

I wouldn't worry about it, at some point when you've got nothing better to do with your credit you could dispute as "balance innacurate" it but be warned it may just whack the entire tradeline.

        
Message 4 of 5
RockyTop_TN
New Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

IIRC it takes like 3 or even 4 years on ANY score (industry options) of an auto loan not having payment activity to matter.  Optimizing for the auto industry specific score (FICO AU) is a terribly bad idea anyway.

I wouldn't worry about it, at some point when you've got nothing better to do with your credit you could dispute as "balance innacurate" it but be warned it may just whack the entire tradeline.

It finally updated on November 1st.  I didn't want to dispute it either for fear of it doing what you said.  

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.