Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow Fako score went up and I'm still waiting for a Scorewatch alert

tag
dallas01
New Contributor

Wow Fako score went up and I'm still waiting for a Scorewatch alert

I'm pretty excited that my fako score went up 25 points when my BOA card reported. I still havn't got a scorewatch alert! New Account added, Score change, etc.

Anyway I havn't got a True Credit alert also so maybe it just takes awhile. Anyway I'm pretty happy at least it went up and not down.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wow Fako score went up and I'm still waiting for a Scorewatch alert

I think alerts generate within 24 hours at least thats my experience with true credit. MyFico is usually a couple days after then i get alert. Congrats on score bumpage.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid the yearly fee and haven't had an update since last Christmas. Is this thing for real. I use my credit cards, pay them off. Apply for other loans, and still have not had an update.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

April123,
Maybe you should check your junk mail or call customer service. I have only had the service for a little over a month and have already received three alerts.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

or check score alert settings
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

dallas01 wrote:
I'm pretty excited that my fako score went up 25 points when my BOA card reported. I still havn't got a scorewatch alert! New Account added, Score change, etc.

Anyway I havn't got a True Credit alert also so maybe it just takes awhile. Anyway I'm pretty happy at least it went up and not down.

The good news is you may get a score change from the new card, the bad news is that you may not.  Let me clarify.  Depending on the number of cards open, the history, and other factors a new account can initially lower your FICO score, raise your FICO score or cause no change (trust me as I eagerly anticipated at least some increase from a new card as it reflected on FAKO).  To my hurt and dismay, the only thing I got was an alert of a new accoutn, no score increase whatsover.  It did take three days from the time the FAKO update before SW deemed it necessary to give me a buzz.

Message 6 of 10
dallas01
New Contributor

Brammy, What I left out is its a Boa card thats got 3 years history 11,000 limit never late. I opened 2 small credit cards myself and they haven't reported yet. I do look for a points deduction for those.

I've been looking at my scores and they're pretty sad

EQ=518 without the BOA card or my other 2 reporting.
EXPERIAN= 569 with no credit besides Collections and a BK in 2002 dismissed.

I thought the 569 was pretty high with not 1 postive TL
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

dallas01 wrote:
Brammy, What I left out is its a Boa card thats got 3 years history 11,000 limit never late. I opened 2 small credit cards myself and they haven't reported yet. I do look for a points deduction for those.

I've been looking at my scores and they're pretty sad

EQ=518 without the BOA card or my other 2 reporting.
EXPERIAN= 569 with no credit besides Collections and a BK in 2002 dismissed.

I thought the 569 was pretty high with not 1 postive TL

Now that makes a difference.  Don't be too down about the scores, Mine were there not too long ago. They stayed there because I didn't know how to get them up.  You're ahead of the gameSmiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to just jump in here but, what's FAKO??
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

What did you do to bring up your scores, if I may ask?  I'm new to this board.  In fact, I just found out about it today, and I think it's great.  Perfect for people, like myself, who are rebuilding.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.