cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youngest accounts turning 12 months this Saturday. Score bump anticipation...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Youngest accounts turning 12 months this Saturday. Score bump anticipation...

So I've done what I thought would be the impossible and gardened for 12 months! I opened Venture and Ritz Cards last June so both will be a year old this Saturday. My TU is squeeky clean and last time I checked is sitting at 766. I wonder how much of a gain I can expect?  My TU should be the first to hit 800 since EQ and EX are lower so that's why I'm focusing on it..

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Youngest accounts turning 12 months this Saturday. Score bump anticipation...

My guess is you'll see a 20 point bump, +/- 5 points.  FICO 8 scores I'm talking, of course.

Message 2 of 33
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

Re: Youngest accounts turning 12 months this Saturday. Score bump anticipation...

@Anonymous wrote:

My guess is you'll see a 20 point bump, +/- 5 points.  FICO 8 scores I'm talking, of course.

Agreed. From reading here, it seems that there is a 15-20 pt increase when the AoYA hits 12 months, and another 4-5 pt bump when the most recent inquiry hits 12 months.

Message 3 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep in mind that age of an inquiry is based in days, not months like age of accounts factors.  So, while the OP will have his youngest account reach 12 months on the 1st, his inquiry or inquiries related to that account will reach 365 days of age at some point in June after that and then become unscoreable.  Based on profile and number of other inquiries present, the gain there could be 0 points or something more typical like 3-5 points as suggested.

Message 4 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes.. the inquiries will be at 12 months on the 9th and 18th I believe... 

Message 5 of 33
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes.. the inquiries will be at 12 months on the 9th and 18th I believe... 

Let us know, hope you get it all back.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 6 of 33
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Hopefully a decent bump. Congrats on a nice garden milestone!
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 7 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well that’s a disappointment.. Checked all three FICO bureaus and I didn’t gain a single point. Nothing has changed from my previous report other that the two youngest accounts aging one year. I’m shocked that I saw zero gain...
Message 8 of 33
GApeachy
Super Contributor

That's disappointing, dang

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 9 of 33
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

That's disappointing. The algorithms remain a mystery. Another reason not to emotionally invest in a metric.

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.