cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youngest accounts turning 12 months this Saturday. Score bump anticipation...

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Youngest accounts turning 12 months this Saturday. Score bump anticipation...

@rbentley wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My guess is you'll see a 20 point bump, +/- 5 points.  FICO 8 scores I'm talking, of course.

My youngest card turns 1 year on June 5th.  It is my understanding that age updates on the first of the month.  Just ran my scores and only got a 8 point bump.  No negatives or increased utilization which would have held scores down from last month when I ran them.  Every profile is different, of course.  I was dissapointed that I didn't see the 20 points that has been predicted.

Actually recent data suggests you get breakpoints at 3 months, 6 months, and then perhaps at 12 months like you saw.  Does beg the question if there's movement above 12 months but we'll see, with recent finds I'm more than happy to play guinea pig with my file to try to nail them down.

On a clean EX file (no deliquencies or public records/collections) I lost ~23 points when the Citi revolver reported, and that took my revolver youngest (which appears to be AOYA entirely) from 28 months to 1 month.  I precisely lost 26 points but I also had a meaningful AAOA change at 5 years that I'd gained +3 on literally 4 days earlier, but it's a little conflated now which hopefully I can tease out as I pass known breakpoints in the next two months.

        
Message 21 of 33
rbentley
Established Contributor

Re: Youngest accounts turning 12 months this Saturday. Score bump anticipation...

You know, I think you are onto something. I did see gaines at 3 and 6 months which I could not really a tribute to anything other than the aging of my youngest account. I didn't post about it because there are so many other factors that could be involved that I couldn't be sure. I just know that I had a very modest increase up at one year and part of that increase might be attributable to only having one card reporting, albiet one larger than recommend for AZEO.
Message 22 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a score change at three months and at six months. This is only on clean scorecards not dirty scorecards. The score change you see at 12 months is Due to re-bucketing, so your score change is also going to depend on whether or not you’re going to aged versus non-aged and thick versus thin scorecards, IMHO.

Likewise the award you see at three and six months may be different on aged versus non-aged scorecards and thick versus thin scorecards.
Message 23 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Well that’s a disappointment.. Checked all three FICO bureaus and I didn’t gain a single point. Nothing has changed from my previous report other that the two youngest accounts aging one year. I’m shocked that I saw zero gain...

Which service did you use to check your scores?

Is it possible to check them again - as it is with Experian Creditworks daily - after one or two accounts have updated this month?

Message 24 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pulled all three through Experian, then decided to do the same through Myfico to grab my other scores. For what it's worth my TU Fico 9 did increase from 770 to 787. Not sure if that's related to crossing the 1 year threshold though.  EQ9 and EX9 stayed steady at 755 and 737. 

Message 25 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I pulled all three through Experian, then decided to do the same through Myfico to grab my other scores. For what it's worth my TU Fico 9 did increase from 770 to 787. Not sure if that's related to crossing the 1 year threshold though.  EQ9 and EX9 stayed steady at 755 and 737. 

I wonder if you got all the points back already at 3mo and 6mo combined. Or possibly even 3mo + 6mo + 9mo....spread out a little at a time.

Message 26 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I'm thinking.. I know I'll gain some points this month when the inquiries reach 12.. so I suppose I just need to be happy with that:-) 

Message 27 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scuderia Would you please provide the information for us in this thread so we can try to figure out why you didn’t get points? Or so we can record the ones you didn’t get please:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Is-there-a-score-boost-when-AOYA-reaches...
Message 28 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: Interesting that I got zero bump on the 1st of June, but yesterday, July 1st, my EX jumped 25 points. Possible that there was a 1 month delay for the score increase?  Nothing else changed on my profile other than $23K in CLIs (didnt really affect utilization since I'm so low) and my oldest account aged to 4 years 6 months..

Message 29 of 33
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Update: Interesting that I got zero bump on the 1st of June, but yesterday, July 1st, my EX jumped 25 points. Possible that there was a 1 month delay for the score increase?  Nothing else changed on my profile other than $23K in CLIs (didnt really affect utilization since I'm so low) and my oldest account aged to 4 years 6 months..

The effect would not be felt until the 1st of the month after the month in which everything has reported, when you're talking age of youngest account. Just because it was 12 months on the 1st of June doesn't mean that information had made it into your EX report.

But we're burying the lead here..... Holy cow, a 25-point bump for newest account going to 12 months!!!!! Congratulations.

Maybe I can stop applying for things for 12 months? Nah, I don't think so.

Total revolving limits 657200 (536700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 712 TU 710 EX 708

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.