cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone used a "guaranteed credit merchandise card" to raise available credit?

tag
tmacar
Contributor

Re: Who does Ox report to, anyone know for sure?

You do know, I hope, that it's only going to effect your debt to credit ratio for the company that they report to, in this case TransUnion. It won't have any effect at all on your ratios with Equifax or Experian.

That's why, with their $150 or $250 sign up fees, most of these things are just plain rip-offs. They do not mention that their "credit" will only effect one out of your 3 credit scores. At least they don't mention it where most people would notice it.

This one, however, charges a small enough fee to make it worth doing.

Actually, they might even have something decent in the way of computers.

I had just skipped through pages and sort of randomly grabbed a few things. If you sign up and look at everything they have, you might possibly find something worthwhile.

Good luck.
Message 51 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I do understand that they only report to TU and it actually works very well for me. I have a gas card and a Chase MC that both have limits of $200. When I've applied for CLIs in the past, they both pulled TU. If I can get the CLIs after my TU goes up then hopefully the others will start to slowly follow.
Message 52 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just signed up for the express gold card, should be getting my welcome package in the next week or two. It appears that they also offer discounted vacation packages, I will have to look into this once I get my log in too see if its worth it.

tmacar, I was reading over the Q & A and it appears that they do price matching and I know that I can find probably anything on their site for a lot less so I can probably get my computer at the price I want to pay Smiley Very Happy
Message 53 of 57
tmacar
Contributor

Codeman,

Yeah, I forgot about that. They only do it for the identical item, and it has to be a price from someplace online. So it might take a bunch of searching, but you can probably find a good deal if you can spend enough time looking.
Message 54 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

tmacar, do you remember how long it took to get your packet and for them to report to TU?
Message 55 of 57
tmacar
Contributor

codeman,

Nope, don't remember. It was sometime over 2 years ago. I wouldn't expect it in less than 3 or 4 weeks after first signing up, though.
Message 56 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know for sure who Express Gold Card reports to?  I spoke with a Customer Service Rep today who told me that they report to Innovis and PBRC.
Message 57 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.