Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auto loan as line of credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

auto loan as line of credit?

My report is showing my auto loan as a line of credit but does state it is installment when i open that account up.  But under credit at a glance it is in revolving accounts, and showing i have no installment accts. Do you think is/will affect my score?.

Message Edited by dekrist on 05-07-2007 08:02 AM
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: auto loan as line of credit?

dekrist wrote:
My report is showing my auto loan as a line of credit but does state it is installment when i open that account up.  But under credit at a glance it is in revolving accounts, and showing i have no installment accts. Do you think is/will affect my score?.

Message Edited by dekrist on 05-07-2007 08:02 AM

LOCs are generally revolving. I would contact the lendor to see how it should be reporting and dispute any discrepency.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

There customer service is in India i think and when i call them they have no clue what i'm talking about. Can this affect my score? or No?. Also it appears that Equifax is only report that is like this the other two are correct.
Message 3 of 10
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Yes it can affect your score. Why? Because installment and revolving is calcuated differently when compiling a score.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just investigated further, on the equifax web site it shows as an installment so it appears to be a myfico issue. I'm really losing faith in MyFico. Also just got off phone with my fico and was told its a formatting error and they are working on correcting it. They said it does not affect my score, we'll see!

Message Edited by dekrist on 05-07-2007 09:20 AM
Message 5 of 10
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Keep me updated. I am not sure what their exact meaning of "format error" is, but there are differences between having an account report as revolving or installment.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well just pulled score from equifax site and it is the same as MyFico. So evidently it is not impacting score.
Message 7 of 10
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

You wasted your money. EQ and FICO are the same. EQ is the only CRA you can get your actual FICO scores without visiting myfico.com.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

OOOPS. well it was kinda worth it i did get a 3 pt increase since i last checked.
Message 9 of 10
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

It probably went down 5 pts since then.... JK
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.