Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

birthdate foul up on experian...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

birthdate foul up on experian...

anyone know any reason why my birthdate on experian alternates between 1972 (correct) and 1973 (wrong)?  on tc, some days it is right, other days it is wrong??
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: birthdate foul up on experian...

Hmmmmm.. not sure. I am sure TNWM could come up with a "theory". Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure it's a "bug". Smiley Happy

My guess is there is a creditor who is reporting an incorrect birthdate. After that creditor reports, the incorrect BD displays on the report until another creditor reports using the correct BD, and then the correct BD displays. Try calling EX and see if they can connect the incorrect BD with a specific tradeline, and then contact that creditor so they can correct their records, and report your personal info accurately.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks revike!  i wonder if this could have caused denials in the past?
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ha! My B-Day is wrong too? Dispute time. Just dispute it online. They can find your correct date by social, which they already have. Takes less than 24 hours to correct.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 07-07-2007 10:41 AM
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if it's got anything to do with a split file?  I would print the entire report under both occurences and check for variations. 
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

i thought that, crocpa....but compared the two and they are the same except for that.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had this happen too.  I disputed online and I think within 48 hours it was corrected.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks guys, i will just dispute it.  hasnt happened since i posted the original msg, but sure it will again sometime soon.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you see it wrong, call up EX and ask who reported your birthdate last.

Then call that company up and get it corrected with their records.

(This also applies to name variations, etc.)

If more than one creditor is reporting it wrong (unlikely in this case), it may take a while to get the right birthdate to stick.

Message Edited by Skiffy on 07-10-2007 02:07 PM
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.