cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can you call CRAs to find out drop off dates?

tag
peepers
Frequent Contributor

can you call CRAs to find out drop off dates?

I just tried with Experian and cant any further than the automated system. Apparently I need to enter the report number from my "recently purchased report"? my annualfreerports I cant pull for another 2 months.
AMEX Green charge NPSL | NFCU Cashrewards Visa Sig $25,000 | NFCU Navcheck $15,000 | AMEX Everyday $15,000 | Discover IT $19,000 | Amex BCP $18,000 | Cap1 Quicksilver $5000 | Firestone $2,400 I Amex Oasis Optima (recovery card) $500 (closed July 2014)
MyFICO: TU 780, EQ 785 EX 776 Discover TU FICO 780. Rebuilt from 500's....closed on home May 2015!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: can you call CRAs to find out drop off dates?

Use annualcreditreport.com and a credit report the drop off dates are on the credit report.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 2 of 5
aot2009
Regular Contributor

Yes you can call them for the details but you need a recent credit report # to get past the automated system. Also using annualcreditreports gives CRA's the ability to push the dispute dates out to 45 days instead of 30 days response time.

Message 3 of 5
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@AndySoCal wrote:

Use annualcreditreport.com and a credit report the drop off dates are on the credit report.

+1

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

More important is knowing the date for computation of the maximum credit report exclusion period for each item.

Estimated or projected exclusion dates can vary, but the max exclusion date is clearly fixed by statute, and can be calculated yourself.

If you know the date of a monthly late and the DOFD on the OC account, that will always tell you the max exclusion date for monthly delinquencies, charge-offs, or collections.

Monthly delinquencies are straightforward, as you always have the date of the reported delinquency.  Many credit reports chose not to provide the reported DOFD, so knowing the exclusion date for charge-offs and collecions is a bit more problematic.

If you cant obtain the DOFD from your credit report or by way of informal call to the CRA, you can send a formal request under FCRA 609(a)(1), which entitles you to any information of record in your credit file, and compel the CRA to provide you the reported DOFD.

And if you have adequate billing records, you can determine the exclusion dates without any need for a credit report.

The credit report then becomes important as means to check that the relevant dates reported are accurate, and if not, get them corrected prior to the exclusion date.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.