Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit balance

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: credit balance

Article on balances reporting wouldn't post.

Message Edited by smallfry on 08-11-2007 03:55 PM
Message 21 of 24
fused
Moderator Emeritus

smallfry wrote:
Fused tell you what. Let every tradeline you have report a balance and pull a report and see if you don't get the too many accounts with balances is hurting your score message.

I have the same message and my scores went up months ago! TU up 7, EX up 4 and EQ up 4. I think these messages are created because they can't find any negative items on some of our reports 

Message Edited by fused111 on 08-11-2007 10:03 AM
Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fused111 wrote:

@smallfry wrote:
Fused tell you what. Let every tradeline you have report a balance and pull a report and see if you don't get the too many accounts with balances is hurting your score message.

I have the same message and my scores went up months ago! TU up 7, EX up 4 and EQ up 4. I think these messages are created because they can't find any negative items on some of our reports

Message Edited by fused111 on 08-11-2007 10:03 AM

Maybe it is 4 or less balances including non-mortgage installments? Perhaps if you have 4 cc's and 1 auto installments that might count as 5 balances. Try limiting to just 4 accounts and just for this test if you have a mortgage include that in your total 4 open balances. See if you don't get a score jump. Please share with us your results when updated if you can do this. I currently only have credit card debt so when I tested this I only had 4 accounts open. Perhaps if I had an installment that would have brought me to 5 accounts and I would have needed to pay off another cc to reduce it to 4 accounts. Smiley Happy
Message 23 of 24
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Mortgages and car loans count against the total. Like fused said we're talking peanuts here but under no circumstances do I buy the let 10 or so accounts report. That's bs. Everything I read says that under 3-4 reporting is best and I have seen some 830+ FICO profiles where only one or two TL's report monthly and the utilization is under 1%. As with EVERYTHING CREDIT, YMMV.
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.