cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit score is so retarded

tag
hispanic123

credit score is so retarded

July 2009 i purchased my house at the age 20 with a credit of 629 Exquifax along with me twin brother being the co signer. In Januarary of 2013 i applied for a car loan in my credit union bank. When they checked my credit, it indicated as 631 Equifax. My question is, why hasnt my credit gone up after 3 yrs with the mortgage? i have never missed one payment in my 2 credit cards that i have as well as my mortage loan, and i had also paid off another car loan i had. I thought a mortgage would help your credit go up?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: credit score is so retarded

Message 2 of 7
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

We need to know the rest of your credit file and any negative info, etc.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 3 of 7
hispanic123

A collection $368 for dish network back in 2006 which is still showing in me credit. A judgement for an amount of $11,200 that wasnt mine and that was disputed before getting my house. Applied and approve for 2 more credit cards (walmart $500 november 2012 & wells fargo credit card $4000 october 2012). Another collection of an amount of $78 which i am trying to dispute (not mine) but unsuccesful. besides that..i think that is pretty much it. In total i have 3 credit cards as of now. i have had 3 more other credit cards Jared, Best buy master card, and dell but they canceled automatically because i havent used them over 2-3 yrs. I dont no what im doing wrong??

Message 4 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

There are several major derogatories reporting.  Collections and judgments really kill your score.

And stop disputing.   There are other ways to get things done.

Have you contacted the courts to find out about the judgment?  What paperwork they have etc?

The collection from 2006 may come off sometime this year.

Message 5 of 7
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

Your question in your first post was answered by your second post.

You have a bunch of negatives. Your score isn't going to go up regardless if your CC's are PIF if you have 3 negatives on your reports.

Your two credit cards are only a few months old. A short AAoA will stall your score for the time being.

The only remedy here is time & getting more appropriate TL's.

Message 6 of 7
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

@hispanic123 wrote:

A collection $368 for dish network back in 2006 which is still showing in me credit.  This should fall off soon

A judgement for an amount of $11,200 that wasnt mine and that was disputed before getting my house. 

Applied and approve for 2 more credit cards (walmart $500 november 2012 & wells fargo credit card $4000 october 2012). Keep working these two cards, and don't ever be late on them.  Ask WALMART for CLIs every 4 months.  Wells fargo is a decent CL for your apparent baddies.  I don't know how they are for CLIs but check into that and hit them up too if not HPs.

Another collection of an amount of $78 which i am trying to dispute (not mine) but unsuccesful.  For that amount, just try to negotiate them removing it from your report.  If not, at least pay that small amount then later try to GW it off.

besides that..i think that is pretty much it. In total i have 3 credit cards as of now. i have had 3 more other credit cards Jared, Best buy master card, and dell but they canceled automatically because i havent used them over 2-3 yrs. I dont no what im doing wrong??  You need to use cards at least periodically or some creditors cancel, as you seen.  FICO in some circles is known as the I love debt score.  You have to manage some debt at least.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.