cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

denied for Capital one Secured CC question.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

denied for Capital one Secured CC question.

so i just got denied for the secured credit card from capital one.  i dont understand how im suppose to build credit if i cant even get approved for a secured card.  i have a 545 587 550 credit scores.    any suggestions?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Gardenhand
Regular Contributor

Re: denied for Capital one Secured CC question.

they denied me a secured card last year too.

SDFCU has a secured card with no hard credit pull if you apply over the phone. You have to joint the credit union first but that's not a hard pull either. It's a no annual fee card.

Open Sky from Capitol Bank has a no hard pull card. The card reports as a regular credit card and not a secured card. It has an annual fee tho.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

And your in with state dept federal is thru the american consumer council. Use promo code CONSUMER to avoid even the 10 dollar donation to join ACC. 

Message 3 of 5
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

so i just got denied for the secured credit card from capital one.  i dont understand how im suppose to build credit if i cant even get approved for a secured card.  i have a 545 587 550 credit scores.    any suggestions?

What is on your CR? 

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Try Open Sky and SDFCU.....

Here is the secured card database link

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Secured-Cards-Database/td-p/3846302

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.