cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difference between actual FICO and the score Citi DC gives you?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: difference between actual FICO and the score Citi DC gives you?

@itsxluigi wrote:

Ah, okay. I'll have to look into the BankCard8 model and read up on it a bit. Is it safe to use that number when looking for my Equifax score? Or does it vary enough that I should look for a different card/method of getting my EQ FICO8

You can see another example of the difference between the FICO 8 and Bankcard 8 scores at all 3 bureaus in my signature.

My EQ BC8 score tracks closely with my EQ 8 score, but this is a 'clean from the start' file with only 2 open accounts.

The greatest difference for me is on TU, with BC8 12 points better than the classic 8.

Message 11 of 17
calyx
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Calyx Which algorithm is that it’s not available anywhere?

Experian Fast Start (using EQ data).   As far as I can tell, I can't purchase it (as a consumer).
Here's an (old) article about my CU using it: http://www.experian.com/newsletters/newhorizons/0310/nh_lp_article1.html

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 12 of 17
calyx
Super Contributor

On my dirty, messy, old profile, EQ BC8 is ~20-25 points lower than EQ FICO8.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@calyx wrote:

lol Yeah, I love the way profiles are described in the credit world. Old and thick just sounds sooooo appealing.

But your profile looks pretty to me - it's got a nice tree, and I like your car.

I would guess that your EX/TU BC8 scores are close to the 8's.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CassieCard love your scoreboard!
Message 15 of 17
calyx
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@calyx wrote:

lol Yeah, I love the way profiles are described in the credit world. Old and thick just sounds sooooo appealing.

But your profile looks pretty to me - it's got a nice tree, and I like your car.

I would guess that your EX/TU BC8 scores are close to the 8's.

Thanks!   And Right?  Poor EQ, getting all of the dirty hate.

I am curious to see what happens with my BC8 compared to FICO8 (Eq) when it's clean.  It should be right about, oh, now, so I'll have to wait for Citi to update it later this month (so next month with their delay) to see.   Conveniently, my TU and EX have identical reports, which is a fairly recent thing for me.   When I pulled my reports for the first time last year, all three were all over the place (and had the scores to show it).

Message 16 of 17
iv
Valued Contributor

@calyx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Calyx Which algorithm is that it’s not available anywhere?

Experian Fast Start (using EQ data).   As far as I can tell, I can't purchase it (as a consumer).
Here's an (old) article about my CU using it: http://www.experian.com/newsletters/newhorizons/0310/nh_lp_article1.html

Fast Start is more than just a credit report-based score - it's a tool that includes the specific info you provide for the application in question, and does a score/go/no-go based on application data plus report(s).  Closer to the mortgage process with Desktop Underwriter or Loan Prospector.  You don't actually have a "Fast Start Score" - your specific credit application gets a Fast Start score.

Originally from Scorex, just like the PLUS model.  Long-since borged into Experian.  It's older than any of the FICO models that are still in active use, except for EX2. (Although likely to have been updated with new data sets several times since it's introduction.)

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.