Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fico 9 much lower than fico 8

tag
mfinsmi1
Established Contributor

fico 9 much lower than fico 8

So my fico 9 is in line with my expieran fico 8, but is almsot 35 points lower for Equifax - why this big difference 

Personal Cards (Over $100k):

Business Cards:

Rebuilding Starting Scores - December 2021

FICO SCORE 8/9 - Current 1/6/23

Stats: : 3/6; 8/12; 17/24 --- AAoA 3 YRS, 8 MO --- INQ: EX-6/TU-7/EQ-2
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: fico 9 much lower than fico 8

If I understand your question correctly, your EX and EQ FICO 8 and your EX FICO 9 scores are nearly the same but your EQ FICO 9 score is 35 points lower than the others. 

Have you pulled copies of your Experian and Equifax reports and confirmed that the information on each is both accurate and complete?  If not, you can go to https://www.annualcreditreport.com and get free copies of your reports, while at it you might as well also pull and check your Transunion report. 

These 2 scoring models have different weightings for some scoring criteria so a reasonable 1st step is to check for discrepancies between your reports.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Agree that you should check your reports, and as pointed out above there are differences between FICO 9 and 8 scoring models, this thread has some detail that you should look at. 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 4
FreedomWizard
Visitor

Has FICO released any data on how many lenders are using FICO 9 yet? I assume that it's growing, but it doesn't seem like it's used that often yet. 

FICO Score 8s: Experian 818 - Equifax 836 - TransUnion 825
Started in the 500s
Now I'm learning about business credit!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.