cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fico vs equifax,experian transunion

tag
san1belpo

fico vs equifax,experian transunion

why is my fico score on this site from equifax 600 and my score on equifax is 706?  Thats a big variance?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: fico vs equifax,experian transunion

Score from here = Fico score and the one used by lenders. Score from Equifax = Fako score very few lenders use if any. It is just as the name implies Fake.

TBC

Message 2 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

AFAIK Equifax current offers two scores, one which is identical to here (FICO Beacon 5.0) and another which is FAKO (any non-FICO score): not sure, don't care personally.

The Beacon 5.0 found here is used by some lenders (specifically, mortgage ones), but not necessarily by credit or auto loan lenders: I still think it has more value than any FAKO score you can obtain otherwise.

        
Message 3 of 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Score from here = Fico score and the one used by lenders. Score from Equifax = Fako score very few lenders use if any. It is just as the name implies Fake.

TBC

That's not quite true. EQ sells a FICO score found here: www.equifax.com/web-myfico-products/

But they also sell their own proprietary "Equifax Credit Score" that is not an EQ FICO and is not used by any lenders. You just have to be very careful what you buy from the EQ website.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.