cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i guess i'll never understand how this scoring works.

tag
rebuilding
Regular Contributor

i guess i'll never understand how this scoring works.

my cards are aging, most are paid off, my balances are decreasing. my last baddie dropped this month and is no longer on my report and my score went from 658 to 651.

My fako's at CCT have been steady climbing and up to 698 now.  I got all excited and pulled a power report ( because SW wasn't gonna tell me anything, but thats another thread) and my EQ score DROPPED!  what gives...

ugh

11/30/2009 TU 676 EQ 665 EX 654 (CU pulled)
5/14/08 TU 660 EQ 676 EX 623
9/5/07 TU 579 EQ 612 EX 546
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: i guess i'll never understand how this scoring works.

Was your last baddie from an OC or was it a collection??  Was it a late that dropped off or was it the entire acct?

If it was an OC & it was also your oldest acct, and the acct was removed.....that could have dropped your AAoA down, hence, the score drop.

If that above is not the case, this could be an issue of a rebucket.  You have no more baddies, which could likely have put you in the next bucket...being a noob in that bucket, you are at the bottom...but don't worry...you'll rise fairly quick!!!

It could also be a combination of the 2 scenerios above.

Just keep those balances down under 7% & pay everything on time & you'll see a steady increase!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know how long it typically takes for a pay for delete to show up on your score?

I have paid off both of my collections and got a new line of credit-

Score is 571--- Do you know how long it will take to bump up a bit

New to this so I hope that this is the right place to post.

Can you please tell me how I can post this in the main forum?

Message 3 of 7
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Your score can change day by day...minute by minute.  As soon as a new entry, such as an old baddie deleted, shows up...your latest score is out there to buy.

As soon as a big payment/ $0 bal shows up...new score.  As soon as any big change happens, new score is calculated immediately.  Your score is ever changing & when you buy it, it is simply a snapshot in time.  If another change happens tomorrow...new score.

Message 4 of 7
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Whitewinter wrote: 

Can you please tell me how I can post this in the main forum?

This is all the "main forum", there are just many different sections.  One very popular section for those fixing their baddies is the "rebuilding" section, under "bouncing back from credit problems".

Go to the top of this page & select FICO Forums.  That is the main menu page.

Message 5 of 7
rebuilding
Regular Contributor

update.. I had a scorewatch alert.. i got 2 inquiries and my score went UP to 665 from 657...   only thing I could find that changed was the two inquiries!!

I am gonna go apply for a bunch more stuff!  inquiries RAISE your score!  lol  (being facetious of course)

11/30/2009 TU 676 EQ 665 EX 654 (CU pulled)
5/14/08 TU 660 EQ 676 EX 623
9/5/07 TU 579 EQ 612 EX 546
Message 6 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

And you never will just like the rest of us. Smiley Happy

Don't let it get to you. Do all the right things and your score will take care of itself.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.